Friendships with others

W

wheezey

I was just wondering if those of you with BPD have any friendships with other people who have it? Everytime I have a friend with BPD it ends up going badly wrong. Its likely my fault as im very sensitive.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi
i have 2 RL friends and some friends on here
some of my friends on here have BPD but not in RL x

i will be your friend if you like ,i know it isn't the same as meeting up for coffee and going out together but i am willing to listen
friendships can be hard-i find all friendships/relationships of any kind difficult
i am very sensitive too

anyway lots of love to you
Lu x

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi
i have 2 RL friends and some friends on here
some of my friends on here have BPD but not in RL x

i will be your friend if you like ,i know it isn't the same as meeting up for coffee and going out together but i am willing to listen
friendships can be hard-i find all friendships/relationships of any kind difficult
i am very sensitive too

anyway lots of love to you
Lu x

Lilbubble

Lilbubble

I was just wondering if those of you with BPD have any friendships with other people who have it? Everytime I have a friend with BPD it ends up going badly wrong. Its likely my fault as im very sensitive.
Hi Wheezey,

Not having BPD I can't answer your question directly but find that before if I've met someone struggling with anxiety or depression like myself, it can all get too much for me as our needs sort of clash, if you know what I mean.

Friendship should be an equal and 2 way thing but it doesn't mean 2 people in a friendship need to be the same, One friend might be more extrovert than the other but really should help an introvert to be comfortable to come out their shell more not make them feel less included or valued. Also the introvert isn't there to rub the extroverts ego. (hope that made sense)

Maybe if 2 people are too similar in nature they can't provide the right support to each other??

It's just my opinion and maybe others will see it differently.

Last edited:
W

wheezey

Hi Wheezey,

Not having BPD I can't answer your question directly but find that before if I've met someone struggling with anxiety or depression like myself, it can all get too much for me as our needs sort of clash, if you know what I mean.

Friendship should be an equal and 2 way thing but it doesn't mean 2 people in a friendship need to be the same, One friend might be more extrovert than the other but really should help an introvert to be comfortable to come out their shell more not make them feel less included or valued. Also the introvert isn't there to rub the extroverts ego. (hope that made sense)

Maybe if 2 people are too similar in nature they can't provide the right support to each other??

It's just my opinion and maybe others will see it differently.
That is a really good point. I didnt think of it like that. Thank you for your post.