• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Friendships best-before-date

T

Topcat

Is it just me, or do all friendships have an expiry date?
I don't think I'm a bad friend really? People must just get bored with me.
Always great to know that when you might need a bit of friendship, that nobody really gives a shit. Even your own mother.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

I have had some friendships that have fizzled out, because both of us have changed and developed in different directions.

Some friendships go up and down, but weather any storm.

Reading your posts on the MHF I do not find you boring and I think you contribute much to our online community. :hug1:

T

Topcat

All my friendships seem to fizzle out. Maybe it's my fault?
I have kind of commitment issues with friendships, but I'm there for people. If friends/family are poorly I offer help, take little gifts, try and cheer them up. Keep in touch to make sure they're ok, when they might need it. Other times I'm maybe more distant.
If they need help with something I offer help.
I care about people, I guess, even if I can't be like it all the time.
Feels a bit shitty to not get it back.
I've got a new friend now, we meet up and chat. Text each other. I just wonder what the expiry date is. A year? Two?

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Sometimes it can be issues with the other person or things going on in their life that results in a friendship breakdown. :hug1:

MagicJay

MagicJay

Just wanted share this quote I love "Ending something whether a dream, a goal, a friendship, a relationship, or a tie with someone is always hard, always sad. There's a lingering regret of what went wrong and questions that will never be answered. But I came to realize that as a page of my life ends with them, somewhere, somehow, a new chapter is waiting to start."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J People 2
Fairy Lucretia People 21
B People 16