• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

friends

S

starfish

i dont have any friends at all. only had 3 friends all of my life. do have a really good family. hubby,:cry: son and daughter.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I'm a bit like you dolores, I've got a wonderful family. I've got my hubby and my daughter and my husbands family are great. Unfortunately my own parents leave a lot to be desired but we can't have everything I suppose. I've got friends that I've had since primary school but the illness was too much for people who were newer friends and its so hurtful when you think you can rely on people and you really can't. I'm just thankful for my family now.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Me too, I have a wonderful husband and two gorgeous grown up sons, my inlaws are great too. But my own parents (both now gone) were useless as far as support goes, I never even told my mother I had MH problems (my father had gone before I first had them) and my brother only lives 3 miles away but I've not spoken to him in months. As for friends, well I've got people that I know through music but when it comes to company for a night out, nothing. Even less chance if I want company in the day now I'm off work, or anyone to talk to about my worries.

sallyG

sallyG

Im in the same club..have a wonderful hubby and two great kids of 20 and 17...i have one friend who i see rarely..but no one else.

S

starfish

thankyou all for your replies. i was feeling very low when i wrote my post, and feeling a bit sorry for myself i think. thankyou again.:grouphug:

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you:flowers:

Jo1760

Jo1760

Dolores, I hope you are feeling a little better today, Its incrediably hard feeling that way. :hug:

Unlucky I do understand what you were saying about friends who found the illness too much too deal with:hug:. I had a similar situation with a few friends and it really was something i struggled to cope with. One in particular who i have known for 15 years, I found it dreadfully upsetting that we really lost touch and only since i have been recovering have we spoken properly.

I do understand that its a very hard thing to try and understand but equally when a friend deserts a person it is such a dreadful feeling.