Friends. Well, so called Friends

J

jonjon

Mental health issues for me came back slowly after an accident, then wham, bam, with a few months later passed, and boom closest friend I will ever have passed, toppled me.

Constant pain, NHS failing to even pick up on a crushed foot ankle for over a year, too late, bones just removed.

As crush injury, back nerve damage, so when I think I am pulling back, all this connects to a past brain injury, no one says, but most they mess up nerve treatment, the more it impacts old brain injury.

Now left constant pain, ie cant repair crushed bones, nerve damage I just cant explain. And every day my mental health gets worse.

But hey we have friends, dont we? Ones that have had their own problems on the past, but like a good friend stood by and helped anyone through, supported , listened visited, never once would pass on any thing.

Slowly, a few know what has happened, first to start talking behind your back, stop contacting you, never visit, one even saying your nof my problem, where is your brothe. That after he found me overdosed.

Others block on Facebook and messenger, as some times I blap on to cover up things. Some know your not well but block and never contact.

Worst are ones you have helped in past go in bad mood when you have a bad day, and dont call as your sleeping In pain and scared as you know something more is up, and only find out by mistake about brain injury impacting mental health.

Pals that block you stop calling, and go on media to bad mouth you. Say to others your at it.

I say you lose loads of so called pals, and it does kinda hurt when your the exact different to them

Then you'll get odd one on a Fri or Saf night saying how they have unlocked you with sons crap excuse.

I fail to muster up any energy to reply, just try to work out, if real pls or not.

Friends, as bad as DWP, when you need help, turn back on you. When your at your lowest. Anc dont blink an eye lid.

Must say a few, do call up, keep you involved and keep eye out.

And it surprised me most, old pal from teenage years, hears your not well, and is up visiting, now calls and visits.

The ones you expected to be ok, are the ones, I now question if I want in my life.

Mental health is horrible, most cant notice it, and dont understand, or just do not want too.

But those that do care, do notice it, if in my company did a while.

I get getter or not, I know who,
Helped .

Friends well you find out when you go though shit. Gits like those you dont need.

I say bye bye.

Accident may/well has changed my life for good. And I am sure as I go through this experience, many a decent person, I'll meet, and with that new friends...

Still,, stuff you MH, do one

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I kick "fair weather friends" out of my life, no appeal, before they do it to me, had too many abandon me as well cause of my mental health issues :hug:

this forum will never abandon you though :hug:

J

jonjon

I kick "fair weather friends" out of my life, no appeal, before they do it to me, had too many abandon me as well cause of my mental health issues :hug:

this forum will never abandon you though :hug:
so.true..

even today. so called pal..

time to get rid. not like apart from now. never been short of pals..

been back in touch with a few. people I mind never judged.

stuff these so called pals. never going to start getting back to normal as possible worrying about so called pals blanking me and knowing
Stuff it.

never opened my eyes.knew I needed help. went out and hopefully did so.

never joined forums. as i knew best thing.

just to let so called pals who blanked me when needed. get back in.

one life one me.