• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Friends that hurt you

E

ellabee

I have a close circle of friends some of which Im closer to than others just lately two of my friends have been so horrible to me its like even thought they know what im going through they just want to hurt me.

on has just took it upon herself to share what im going through with ramdom people. but my other friend someone i regarded as one of my closest has been so hurtful im second guessing myself. she says im playing a victim and playing up to whats wrong with me. i thought she understood but shes called me a looser when i forgot her birthday which wasnt on purpose she told me i was a useless hateful jealous friend.. I even forgot my nephews birthday im all over the place. I really dont know who i can trust now.

has anyone else had this happen:unsure:

Angels

Angels

I have some very good friends. but i could never trust them with anything, and what you are talking about is just a small example of why i dont associate myself with many people. People change for better or good. but they do not understand how their actions can affect us. we all have times were things get much, its normal to forget things, to feel overwhelmed. But your friend laying on so much guilt is just not fair. Dont be harsh on yourself. you have done nothing wrong! im afraid i dont know how you can deal with this. you can't physically force someone to like you, also you cannot make someone see what your going through. just wait and things might improve. your friends might have some of there own problems going on at the moment? but still, them being rude is not nice at all
Wishing you the best
han x

E

ellabee

I do agree a few months ago my friend was worried about moving and told me everything but thats the thing i have friends that tell me their problems say how good i am at advice and listening but they dont give the same back. I know i can tmake her understand or like me for me but i am really dissapointed its ended up like this and i feel its a shame she couldnt stand back and see the bigger picture.

I would really like to have friends with simlar conditions to me to talk to sometimes im so alone i get so desperate i just feel isolated.

thank you though for taking the time to reply x

Angels

Angels

its no problem at all. i know i feel isolated too thats why i guess i escape on here alot

x

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

frenemies

some friends can be enemies. it hurts but u gotta learn not to depend on others depwnd on yourself love. u will find more friends along way and learn more about who to trust. x