• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Friends and life

D

Dexamethasone

Hello everyone!
It's the second time I'm posting a thread in this forum and I have to say that I was very grateful for the help from the people here!
My problem has to do with my friends in my life. I'm 21 years old and I never felt like this before. I was always satisfied with my life, almost about everything and I had friends and people close to me almost every time. I was used to going outside many times a week with my friends and having fun, feeling great that we have and love each other. That was around untill the age of 18 when things started getting worse day by day.. After we finished school we joined the university and each person got isolated for some reason individually. I did not expect that to be honest because we were supposed to be best friends and keep contact even if we are busy or we have something serious to do with our lives. In my opinion if you meet your friends once every three months or something like that it means that you're not even close friends since you live in the same town of course. This is what happens in the last few years and I just don't like that. I'm very dissapointed about them because I'm always open and available for anything but there's no response considering the fact that they don't even care or they don't even try to call me/call each other just to ask how are you?( or something ) I was trying to text/call some of them but I felt like they're not real friends anymore and the reason for that is simply because I was the one who made the first move and every time I got kind of answers that made me feel like they don't even care. Simple small answers to my messages like talking to a random person.. So I decided to stop texting/calling them except two persons that are still with me. We meet each other once a week but we do exactly the same thing every time we are together which is kind of boring after some time. I stay at home many weekends without even going outside for a walk-beer or something! The funny thing is that a girl asked me in work what am I going to do tonight and I said I don't know, and she said "why don't you know and why don't you make a plan for tonight?". I couldn't tell the truth.. I don't expect to live the life of my dreams but at least we have to do something different when I'm with my friend/s instead of staying home on PC. The thing is that the one friend is not even willing to change that. I feel like my life has become meaningless, doing exactly the same thing-the same routine and getting dissapointed by everything and everyone. I have not tried to make new friends so much because my life has changed dramatically and I don't even have the energy/mood to do that. Actually I asked some people a few times but of course nothing happened.. Moreover at the age of 18 I started having anxiety disorder, phobias etc. which made it even more difficult to deal with this situation. Now I'm feeling completely sad, dissapointed and lonely and I got no one to talk with.. You guys probably wonder I know what I need to do and yeah this is true. Make new friends, talk to some people you know, find some hobbies etc. I just don't want to get dissapointed and be the one who tries to contact first someone all the time. I feel like I get no response from the people unless I don't try for real. But I also feel like people don't want/love me because almost no one is here for me..
I tried to describe my problem as short as I could! The question is have you ever feel this way or do you have these kind of problems? What do you think is wrong?What do you suggest that I do?
Honestly, Thank you very much for your time and every advice/suggestion/help is appreciated.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I'm sorry to read about what has happened to you and your friends.
The way I see it, you have two options:

1) try one last time to connect with your friends

2) move on from them and make new friends

the truth is, people sometimes move on and from what you have said, it seems that you valued the friendship more than they did. You cared more about the friendship. I hope one day you can make friends you have the same care and value as you do.

D

Dexamethasone

I'm sorry to read about what has happened to you and your friends.
The way I see it, you have two options:

1) try one last time to connect with your friends

2) move on from them and make new friends

the truth is, people sometimes move on and from what you have said, it seems that you valued the friendship more than they did. You cared more about the friendship. I hope one day you can make friends you have the same care and value as you do.
Hello Anime Alchemy!
Yea these two options seem to be the only solution now so yeah this is what I'm going to do.
Thank you for helping me and of course thank you again for the good word!

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Anime Alchemy!
Yea these two options seem to be the only solution now so yeah this is what I'm going to do.
Thank you for helping me and of course thank you again for the good word!
Your welcome :) I went through some sort of experience where the friends I had growing up, there came a time where I realized that they were not going to be close friends. They were ultimately just football friends.
Don't give up ok? You will find great people out there, it may take time but persevere and everything will work out for you. Best of luck to you!