• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Friend doesn't believe I'm bipolar!?

sarahcherry

sarahcherry

I got diagnosed last year and have been living with my friend for the past 6 months. obviously I told her about my illness and she has been my friend for five years. I found out a few days ago that she told another friend of ours that she thinks I made up the fact that I'm bipolar in order to get sympathy of people! I can't beleive she thinks I have made the whole thing up. I go see my psychiatrist every thursday, does she think I purposley left the house for a few hours every week to make this up? And when I started my medication I could harldy eat for a week and was vomiting, does she think I just didn't eat on purpose and pretended I was on medication? I'm so angry with this that I'm moving out on saturday. what do you think about this?

T

Twylight

I had the same problem
I had a ' know it all friend ' who wouldn't accept I was paranoid schizophrenic
we are no longer friends

G

ginger

I got diagnosed last year and have been living with my friend for the past 6 months. obviously I told her about my illness and she has been my friend for five years. I found out a few days ago that she told another friend of ours that she thinks I made up the fact that I'm bipolar in order to get sympathy of people! I can't beleive she thinks I have made the whole thing up. I go see my psychiatrist every thursday, does she think I purposley left the house for a few hours every week to make this up? And when I started my medication I could harldy eat for a week and was vomiting, does she think I just didn't eat on purpose and pretended I was on medication? I'm so angry with this that I'm moving out on saturday. what do you think about this?
It is not you that is not dealing with it it is her, she carn't so the best way for her is not to believe it. You are doing all the right things seeking help. medication, and counselling, is'nt funny to think ,you have the Illnes and she carn't deal with it Maybe you might have to leave for both of your sakes We had best friends for 19 yrs and when my husband was diagnosed with schizaphrenia more than 20yrs ago , that was the end of our friends, we deal with it but they carn't I say They can not be verygood friends when they just walkaway and let you deal with it on your own. freinds do not do that. You don't need friends like that ,move on your a better person then they give you credit for . good luck and it's great news you went and got help,all the best ginger