• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Freinds

D

danny

Hi everyone, i've been having problems with mental health now since 2001 and i've got to the stage where i've improved as much as i can alone. I've not had a freind for atleast 3 years and that was my co-ordinator. I realise freindships play a key roll in mental health but making them is tough. I currently live in near nottingham and was wondering if anyone has any good tips on actually how to find / make freinds. I've searched the net and all i get is dating sites which isn't what i need. Any help would be great!

epic fale boy

epic fale boy

oops... I shoulda replied to this thread instead a startin me own.

:redface:

sorry dude, i'm as stuck as you are. s'impossible sometimes.

B

Brian

Hi Danny, Brian here, I live in Bourne, Lincolnshire not that far away from nottingham. I too am short of friends that can understand mental health problems. If you would like to chat a bit more pm me please. Take good care.

BORTU

BORTU

Hi Danny,

I too have always had a problem finding friends so I know what it is like. Can't offer much advice, but replying to show that you have someone to talk to, even if it is electronic.

C

Cryptic

Danny, I sympathise with your situation. Between the ages of 16 to 20 I didn’t have any friends. My situation changed for the better when I went to college and subsequently university. So one way to make friends is to enrol on, and obviously attend, a course.

I also recommend that you check out http://www.meetup.com/ Meetup is a network of local groups. It makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. I find that Meetup is a great way to meet people with similar interests and hobbies.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Angels

Angels

Hi there,
I have friends but i cant trust them enough to tell them anything. its just the way i am.. but all i can say really, is that the internet might not be the best way to find friends. its okay and everything if you just want some people to chat too online, but you dont want to go meeting strangers... just go and do some more things, take up a hobby or activity.. join a club or something. thats the best way i can think.
Hope i helped!
xx hannah xx