• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

freedom pass

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
went to my group. a no are dealing with freedom pass renewals, when i mentioned not hearing anything to my support worker he said leave it to march when ir runs out

I'm worried it'll run out and when i reapply the process could take months while i have to pay on public transport

My group seem to consider it a realistic worry as opposed to the support worker who was making out it was my illness

Last time i appplied some women in a wheelchair at the disability centre dealt with it, she phoned up they said all passes are the same she said this isn't and described it, they said thats a concessionary pass for the mentally ill, that wouldn't matter but the full freedom pass is the only one valid on buses in brum when i visit mother, complicates thiings

The women in a wheelchair once they referred her to mental health services she phoned and got into choppy waters, the women there to help with the job had to take over, i have no wish to try to sort it out myself and be referred to mental health services who once they find i'm one of them, will be nasty

Got no one to represent me, donn't know any organisations still functioning. a further worrry when after the election the DWP let out their attack hounds again

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
las time i asked citizens advice for help with the esa50 transfer to esa, i said i was schitzoprenic, the guy said he'd spoken to his boss and they couldn't help and to contact mencap, i said it's a totally different illness for gods sake he said you don't have to swear

Probably everyone who phones says schitzoprenia or similar

Just been passed backwards and forwards, this women in the council said all freedom passes are the same and gave me the no of mental health

the mental health team were better than expected, they said i'd been discharged and wasn't on the list, but said as i had schitzoprenia she'd phone the council and put me on the list for a concessionary freedom pass which isn't valid on the buses in brum as it's a concessionary one but thats all i'm entitled to

The disability centre had arranged for me to have a full freedom pass as i visit my senile mother in brum and use the bus, guess i can cycle to my mothers home from my sisters if i have to

you can't commmmunicate with these beurocrats once you say your mentally ill which you have to to have entitlement everything becomes a symptom

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Funnyday Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 23