Free London Event With Joanna Moncrieff 12th May

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
from what i gather looking the only free bit is a screening of a film, as for the speaker from the mental health resistance network, they were theree when we were picketing the bma about gps charging for benefit letters, one member badly u
upset me by pushing an off meds line,

the psychiatric resistance network categorically denied been anti meds when i complained on their web site but here they are in cahoots with joanna moncrief who either rightly or wrongly is seen by the anti med people as a spokeswomen

incidentally if people are off drugs and well, if they're claiming benefits their scroungers

Last edited:
cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It looks like a good event. There is ample evidence of the damage that psychiatric drugs do, & ample evidence for the efficacy of more comprehensive psychological / social support approaches. i don't think there should be a pro / anti med argument / dichotomy / polemic, & it's Not with a lot of people, it's about what is in the best interests of the individual. People should have far more choice in their own treatment.

I

Ideservejustice

I believe a collection means a donation box/bucket. I don't remember any sort of in your face asking for donations ever.

The speakers are just guests, not part of the service user group organizing the event. They have been invited separately from one another.

I have never been to any mental health resistance network myself. I am however interested in and have seen Joanna Moncrieffs videos and book Personally.

Psychiatric drugs and institutionalization causes disabling physical damages amongst other things. It creates disability, I mean the leaflets and British National Formulary say that (so don't rely on anything I say).

Last edited:
R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it's all about people in contact with mental health services with psychiatrists doesn't apply to me regardless

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it sounds interesting but if some schitzo taken off meds goes into serious meltdown, with say a serious case review showing it was connected with taking them off drugs, it'll die a very quick death

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R London 3