• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Free diving breathing techniques

C

Confussedm

I was just wondering if anybody has tried free diving techniques to help with panic disorder? My thought is that free divers have to slow there heart rate down so then can hold there breath for ages. Amd also stay calm, ive found a talk through starter breathing course that by the end of a month you should be able to hold your breath for 5 minutes, i've done a fee days and what i have found is that my left side of my chest hurts pretty much everyday but this seemed to relieve the pain some how, like it was stretching the muscles that must be hurting

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide

I'm not sure about free diving skills but there are many types of breathing that can help. I have done some but i don't know what they are called. One is diaphragmatic breathing which i cannot spell, or did i just get it right? :)

C

Confussedm

I'm not sure about free diving skills but there are many types of breathing that can help. I have done some but i don't know what they are called. One is diaphragmatic breathing which i cannot spell, or did i just get it right? :)
Haha i can't spell neither, but i will check it out, breathing techniques generally help me just to chill out on a daily basis but haven't mastered them while having a attack, eveything goes out of the window then