• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Free Bus pass

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I would seek the advice and assistance from Mencap, they might be able to help, it did me wonders, and after my initial pass stopped working, and in the short term, within a month, I had my new pass.
last time i contacted mencap i got turned away, brent mencap is a priority in brent due to the activities of this mencap activist, thats how the postcode lottery works, mencap turned away my ex whose got mental illness plus learning diffficulties, i don't know whats happpened to brent mind think it's gone bankrupt

in the past phoned mencap said it's a similar thing these mencap carers were most indignant, we say we're not thick they say we're not mad

Funnyday

Funnyday

I'm still waiting to receive a letter from my Psychiatrist. I've asked several times now and still no joy.

However, she has asked me to fill out a feedback form and return it to her secretary. This is in breach of the feedback protocol. It was emailed to me and they asked for me to return it to them. When the form says to send it to their professional body in the envelope provided.

I think that she is going to get the forms back and alter those which are negative and then send said altered form to the professional body herself. Thus obtaining better feedback. Does she think that I'm stupid or something?

If I don't get a letter within a week. In support of my application for a bus pass. I'm going to lodge a complaint with the CMHT management team.

Funnyday

Funnyday

I've just received a text message from the CMHT. They have said that the Psychiatrist has now written me a letter. So fingers crossed that will be it now.

N

natalie

Blimey, Hi by the way Funnday, they take so long over it! I sincerely hope that now in the very short term, that you will recieive your freedom pass.

Best regards.

Funnyday

Funnyday

I'm hoping that it turns up soon. Fingers crossed.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
just read in the independent, transport for london have applied for another loan and one of the conditions the goverments attaching is an end to the elderly bus pass god knows about the disabled one and i was hoping to get an elderly one when mine runs out and tell those care workers what i think of them without the threat of losing my bus pass

Z

Zaz2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Where I am you need to be on pip or have a form signed by a mental health professional. A gp letter isn't accepted. Mine ran out but no point renewing it there's nowhere to travel to anyway 🙂

bpd2020

bpd2020

I sent of the forums to renew my freedom pass. It was such a nightmare getting a doctor to sign it. I never heard back. I emailed the council and did not get a reply. Maybe they decided not to renew mine. I guess I may not need it as I have not been out for so long.

Funnyday

Funnyday

My Psychiatrists secretary emailed the letter to the council on the 12th. I don't know how long it will take them to pull their finger out and issue it. It can't help that they are all working from home at the moment.

Funnyday

Funnyday

I just don't understand why it is so difficult to get a bus pass. I'm being sent back and forth between CMHT and the council. The emails that I have received from the council are in Pidgeon English so it's hard to know what they are meaning in relation to my application. They are MAD!

Funnyday

Funnyday

Finally. The council has emailed me to tell me that they now need a passport-sized picture. I will then be good to go.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I am glad they have finally contacted you. I hope you can get the pass soon.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
the women at the disability centre phoned up the freedom pass people they said all passses are the same she said well this ones different and described it, they said thats a concessionary pass for the mentally ill

i think thats discrimination it makes no difference in london, though been concessionary the concession can be removed, the difference is the concessionary pass isn't valid on buses in brum and elsewhere

one thing i've been doing is saying i've lost my pass a few months before it expires it's automatically reissued valid from the new date without the beurocracy

Funnyday

Funnyday

Thanks for the tip about renewing.

N

natalie

Hi Funnyday,

I'm so relieved for you, what aperformance!

Best regards.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0