• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Freaking out

M

MissForsaken

I am manic right now, I can't sleep, I'm angry, I am impulsive and VERY paranoid and anxious. This is what I'm always like when I'm manic but way worst. I am going to try to get on medication but that doesn't help me right now! But everyday is worst than before, and no one will listen when I say I'm losing my mind, everyone thinks I'm over reacting or I'm just being a b*tch.

B

blueeyesblondehair

I’m here for you. Want to talk about it?

M

MissForsaken

I’m here for you. Want to talk about it?
Yes please I need someone to listen. Every thing should be okay, we are going to have a good christmas, the kids are doing well, we are doing well financially but I am really out of control. Then people also keep stepping on my toes when I am trying hard to pretend not to be unbelievably angry

B

blueeyesblondehair

I hear you. How do you try to deal with these episodes when everything starts getting too much?

Wishbone

Wishbone

Have you got an appointment to see a doc? It sounds like you're not on meds right now, is that correct?

M

MissForsaken

I hear you. How do you try to deal with these episodes when everything starts getting too much?
I try to do something to distract myself, I try explaining to others that I am not in the best state of mind and I am trying to get a hold of myself. I try breathing, I avoid going out too much because I overspend and I avoid things that I know will just frustrate me more.

M

MissForsaken

Have you got an appointment to see a doc? It sounds like you're not on meds right now, is that correct?
Yeah I am not, I am trying to get a hold of a doctor to get meds. When I was told I most likely had bipolar, my parents decided it was safer to keep me off of meds because I was 17 but I have not gotten back into a doctor for it. I am 21 now, I have a strong family history of bipolar as in my family had it in both sides and 4 out of 6 of my siblings have it :/

S

SFGuy

I am trying to get a hold of a doctor to get meds.
If you are entering a manic period, meds are critical, so I am glad you're working to get in touch with a psychiatrist. Meds work quickly for me. I go downhill fast without them.

You might be able to use some relaxation stopgaps, but calm will probably only arrive after you get some meds on board. If you have access to a nurse service or teladoc service through your insurance, I'd call them. They might be able to find somebody you can contact quickly since you are feeling out of control.

If you feel like you're losing it altogether, please call 911 or walk into an Emergency Room.

G

Galaxy

I can empathise as I am going through the same at the moment.

K

Keesha

Avoid caffeine and excess sugar like the plague. The food you eat can be either helpful or create even more hyper tension to your life. Magnesium is usually very helpful. Eat foods high in magnesium.

Bananas
Avocados
Nuts & seeds
Legumes & lentils
Whole grains
Fatty fish
Leafy greens
Tamarind
Okra
Oysters
Baked potatoes with skin on

Epsom salts have a LOT of magnesium and is inexpensive. Have a hot bath with Epsom salts in it.

Exercise in order to release pent up energy

listen to relaxing music

Avoid people if possible for the time being

M

MissForsaken

Thanks for the advice and support. Galaxy I hope you start feeling better

B

butterflykisses

Definitely go see your doctor. Things could get a lot worse and it’s much better to catch it early before that happens. Just know that I’ll be praying for you.

S

SparklyPrincess31

I feel it. I'm not manic often, but sometimes I get hypomanic. Usually sleep helps me recover my sanity. But I was full blown manic for over 4 months straight when I got diagnosed bipolar 1. I had psychosis and delusions, thoughts of grandeur aand fast talking no sleep hyper super happy feeling for me though. Much energy as well. Here if u wanna talk.

B

butterflykisses

Sleep is extremely important! I know for me, I started to recover when I got some sleep. But I know how difficult that can be. Please talk to your doctor about this.