• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Freaking out about my ear

valleygirl

valleygirl

Okay, so I know this isn't mental health issue, but I am freaking out abut my ear. Something, I think a pimple, is growing inside my ear. It started on Saturday night, but it's gotten much, much worse. I'm going to the doctor in a few minutes, and my mind is running crazy with all kinds of crazy fears about what is inside my ear and what I might have to have done to it. Freaking that I'm going to have surgery or some other terrifying procedure to fix it. In a panic right now, trying to compose myself because I don't want to make a fool of myself at the doctor's.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have parts of both my ears where I get them. You have to be careful though not to pop them as for me at least they are more sensitive to infection.

xxx

valleygirl

valleygirl

Just got back from the doctors. She said it already is infected, and I've got antibiotics that I have to take 3 times a day. I have to go back in a few days and have it looked at again, and she said she might actually have to pop it. It is so swollen right now that my ear canal is closing up. And it hurts like hell.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Damn, I hope you can get through it and hopefully tomorrow morning it will be better?

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Ah I see, well hopefully the antibiotics kick in soon.

valleygirl

valleygirl

The cyst in my ear has gotten even bigger since yesterday, so I have to go back to the doctor. I am so freaked out! I really hope she will be able to drain it, because it's freaking me out so bad to have this thing filling up my ear canal.

C

Caro5

Oh dear.that sounds really horrible. I am sure the doctor will sort it though but I'd be freaked too. Good luck!

valleygirl

valleygirl

Just got back, and she stuck a needle in the cyst to drain it, but it's so big that there is still a lot of puss and blood inside it, and I have to keep pressing it with a Q-tip to get it out. I have to go in tomorrow and Friday to make sure the hole she made with the needle doesn't close up. I am in a hell of a lot of pain, and I can't hear very well in that ear right now. And to make things worse, the antibiotics I have to take are really hard on the stomach. Argh! Sorry for whining.

C

Caro5

I'd definitely be whining. Having to drain the gunk out of my own ear. Glad they are following it up closely though. Tell the doc if the antibs are making you feel sick. Might be able to change to a different one

valleygirl

valleygirl

I bought a big container of probiotic yogurt last night to help with my stomach. Most antibiotics are pretty hard on the stomach, and there are a lot of antibiotics I can't take because they don't mix with all the psych meds I'm on. Plus, I can't really afford to spend money trying out different antibiotics, because apparently they're not covered by my pharmacare plan. I've just taken some Advil, hoping that will help with the pain a bit. I felt so stupid, because I was wandering around the store looking for Q-tips, and I couldn't find them, and I was almost in tears because of the pain.