• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Found this petition for dbt funding

G

Ginger Kitten

i just wonder who started the petition some dbt therapist hoping for more money, in some ideal world there probably are alternatives to the drugs i'm on but this is a world with an underfunded health system, i guess if you want you can join some org advocating revolution
Revolution? How is wanting improved funding revolution? NHS services may be underfunded but that is gradually changing - how could it not with all the current media attention on mental health?

Borderline/Emotionally Unstable PD has traditionally had a hard time of it in mental health services. It has been stigmatised as a diagnosis, both within services and in the general population (if people know about it at all). For a long time, pdocs didn't know how to treat it because it didn't respond as well to medication as some other mental health issues. Some pdocs even thought it shouldn't be classified as a mh problem because it's a 'personality disorder'; as such, behavioural issues often stemmed from childhood and were ingrained - and therefore even harder to treat.

Thank God things have changed in the last decade or so - but there is still a long way to go. I say good on the person who had the initiative and courage to start this petition. If only more people had the get up and go to take action, mental health services generally would benefit.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
as my last psychiatrist said your approaching the chronic stage of your illness the treatment of chronic illness is the same throughout medicine

the treatment of chronic illness does not involve expensive interventions it involves making the person as comfortable as posssible