• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Found a weird pimple on my face.

Z

zxcv

I found a weird pimple on my face, looks like it has a bit of white head and when I tried to pop it, it didn't pop. I tried pressing down on it and it didn't fell like there a bump or a sac of pus. It Does seem to react to rubbing alcohol and feels like a normal pimple to me.

it just seems weird that not popping and not feeling like a bump or sac of puss underneath. So it's starting to worry me.

O

Orangeade

I found a weird pimple on my face, looks like it has a bit of white head and when I tried to pop it, it didn't pop. I tried pressing down on it and it didn't fell like there a bump or a sac of pus. It Does seem to react to rubbing alcohol and feels like a normal pimple to me.

it just seems weird that not popping and not feeling like a bump or sac of puss underneath. So it's starting to worry me.
Can you see a doctor about it? They may refer you to a skin doctor?

Z

zxcv

The pimple does react to rubbing alcohol.
I have been sweating a lot more lately due to working out. Could that be causing an usual pimple for me. I have noticed that I'm getting more pimples lately in general.
and I've also been doing better job at putting the pimple meds on my face. Could that cause a pimple not grow the way it normally would?

O

Orangeade

The pimple does react to rubbing alcohol.
I have been sweating a lot more lately due to working out. Could that be causing an usual pimple for me. I have noticed that I'm getting more pimples lately in general.
and I've also been doing better job at putting the pimple meds on my face. Could that cause a pimple not grow the way it normally would?
I think maybe because you’re sweating a lot, there is dirt getting trapped into your face. Maybe you could wash it and put on a skin cleanser? Maybe something like that?

Z

zxcv

And it does seem like there's the red circle around the pimple.

Z

zxcv

It seems like it's a soft pimple. It's hard not hard at all.

W

WanderingA

Hey sounds like milia. I have these too,
Milia are small round hard sometimes soft white bumps on the face that are often mistaken for whiteheads. They develop when keratin — a protein found in the upper layer of skin — and other dead skin cells components get trapped below the skins surface.. they are completely harmless and normally go away on there own. Anyone can get them all ages..

Tanzz

Tanzz

Leave it give it chance to grow maybe apply some lotion a spot cream or some oil or exfoliate the little demon off your face

When the little sucker grows pop it

I get spots on my inside thigh because there's jiggle there and room to grow

They explode with yellow and blood gunk

Z

zxcv

Tried popping it, and nothing came out just a bit of blood.
Also tried putting pimple creams on it. It gives the same reaction that I get when I put on most pimple. Which is some slight pain.

Tanzz

Tanzz

Ignore it watch a movie read a book watch the news it needs a day or two

90s_cat

90s_cat

I’m thinking the same as WanderingA, this sounds like milia. I get them sometimes and will have them “deroofed”. Milia can’t be “popped”, they have to be deroofed with a needle. It’s kind of gross but it’s the only way to remove them without damaging the skin.

Z

zxcv

I’m thinking the same as WanderingA, this sounds like milia. I get them sometimes and will have them “deroofed”. Milia can’t be “popped”, they have to be deroofed with a needle. It’s kind of gross but it’s the only way to remove them without damaging the skin.

I was wondering about that too.
Though it seems like it's little bigger than the ones you get around your eyes.

90s_cat

90s_cat

I was wondering about that too.
Though it seems like it's little bigger than the ones you get around your eyes.
You can get them anywhere on the body and different size. The face is most common, but I’ve had them elsewhere. Before I knew to have them deroofed, I picked one and now have a cherry angioma where it used to be, so be careful with picking it.

If it doesn’t gross you out, looking up deroofing milia might help you tell if that what’s your have, and you can see how they have to be removed.

Z

zxcv

I tried scratching the dead around the pimple.(It could have been the pimple stuff I've been putting on it.) Looks like I might have tore off a bit of the top lay of the skin around it, but the pimple it's self wasn't bleeding.

W

WanderingA

@zxcv . Pimples are weird things you get your normal spots where they can be easily popped. Milia is a hard white spot that can be deroofed can come in all shapes and sizes. And under the skin spots sometimes they take a while to pop or they just don't pop at all. Even spots that have like a layer of dead skin over the top that u can peel off then it starts to heal. I think you have nothing to worry about. And going at it constantly can make it worse. If its milia you can deroof it and it will go or if it's just a pimple it will heal in its own time. I've had spots That take months to heal.