Found a lump

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Lol Mami!

It definitely makes a big difference how nice and kind and understanding these people are to us..

Broken Toy went for blood tests during the week and was very nervous about them....

But the nurse was so lovely and kind, he got through it a lot better than he thought :)

W

Waverunner

Hi Mami. Pleased to see that things are better on the health front. Well done on your strength so far, you have done well during an incredibly hard time!

mami5

mami5

Went for a bone density scan yesterday. Apparently it is something I will need now every 3 years due to possible side effects of meds.

Have to wait 3 - 4 weeks for results.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Went for a bone density scan yesterday. Apparently it is something I will need now every 3 years due to possible side effects of meds.

Have to wait 3 - 4 weeks for results.
Hi Mami,
Hope the scan results will be okay.
Take care

mami5

mami5

Thank you Mayflower

I don't feel brave at all. I just do as I'm told.
It is to check for osteoporosis, yes, as the hormone tablets I'm on can cause it.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Thank you Mayflower

I don't feel brave at all. I just do as I'm told.
It is to check for osteoporosis, yes, as the hormone tablets I'm on can cause it.
Hi Mami,
It must be hard having lots of tests.
Here to listen whenever you need to vent.
Take care

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi Mami

It's really lovely to see you back on the forum :)

Try not to worry about all the tests - they are a precaution more than expecting to actually find anthing wrong. My sister has stuff like that too.....

Best way to look at it (if you can) is that your lucky in many ways.... Usually you have to wait blooming years to get any tests done - but you're going to be minded so carefully that IF there were ever a problem - they would catch it almost before it occurs (if you know what I mean) :scratch:

You did brilliantly with your assignment and seem to be feeling good physical health wise - so although I think you will always worry about your health - try and enjoy the days you can...

Because you are actually amazing with all you've been through...

:hug:

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi Mami

Try and not worry too much about those tests - they are done more as a precaution than an actual expectation of finding anything wrong....

And also on a positive note - IF anything were ever to happen to you - it will be found almost before it occurs as they are minding you so carefully! Most of the time people are waiting for tests for years that hopefully you will get automatically as part of your ongoing health plan.

Due to my sister having breast cancer - I am eligible to have a mammogram every year and attend a breast check clinic in the hospital. Although it's obviously terrible that she had it (now fully recovered) it's a relief for me to have these checks done although they tell me that because it's my sister and not mom, granny etc that I don't really have any chance of getting it BECAUSE of her.... Of course I could still get it anyway but it's unlikely it would be classified under 'family history' if you know what I mean.

So do all the tests you can - they are what will keep you well and healthy :)

And you should be very proud of everything you have endured Mami....
And on top of that to get your assignment in - you're really amazing!

Really good to have you back...

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Apologies for posting twice - with more or less the same thing!!

My computer went blank after sending my first message and when it came back on - it wasn't posted and not auto saved so extremely frustrating....

So I wrote it all out again.....

And when I posted it - the first one appeared too!!!

Better two than none though - right!!

:doh: :rolleyes:

mami5

mami5

Thank you

Don't worry about writing twice Shadow. Sorry you have to be tested too but like you say, better safe than sorry. :hug: xxx

mami5

mami5

A year ago today....I found a lump.

A lot of things has happened since then.

If me posting this on here could encourage one more woman to check herself.....then it won't have been in vain.

Thank you EVERYONE who has supported me during this past year. Has meant so much. :grouphug:

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi Mami

It's hard to believe that's it's a year ago now..

I remember your first post! And obviously have followed your story.... the ups and the downs..

I'm sure that you have definitely encouraged others to be vigilant by sharing your journey.

A rollercoaster year for you Mami.....

But you survived the ride :)

I hope you feel proud of the strength you found every day..

mami5

mami5

Mami, I have followed your journey via your posts and am glad you are better now. I went for mammogram this morning and thought of you. :)
Glad you went Poopy and really hope your results come back fine. :hug: xxx

Thank you too Shadow, for all the support you've given me. A year certainly has disappeared quickly! :hug: xxx

mami5

mami5

Had my mammogram result yesterday following my first annual check up.....I got the all clear.

Wish I could celebrate....or be happy....or something.

This depression is killing me.....and ruining everything. :cry2:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Had my mammogram result yesterday following my first annual check up.....I got the all clear.

Wish I could celebrate....or be happy....or something.

This depression is killing me.....and ruining everything. :cry2:
Hi Mami,
Really glad you got the all clear, sorry about your depression.
Here to listen.
Take care

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Oh Mami

That is FANTASTIC news!

That first one is such a worry....

I'm so sorry you can't enjoy the relief and happiness you should be feeling.....so......maybe look at it in reverse and think of how utterly hopeless and possibly suicidal you could be feeling on top of your depression already had the result been different...

God I hope that makes sense Mami :)

I know what I'm trying to say but that doesn't mean anyone else knows!!

Delighted for you :flower2:

Last edited: