Found a lump

mami5

mami5

Yesterday I found a lump.

Today I saw the doc. She prodded and confirmed what I already knew, I have a lump. She's referred me to the clinic for tests. I should hear from them within the next 2 weeks. Apparently I'll get my results on the same day.

To say I'm scared and worried is an understatement.

S

Stormcloud

I hope that you will be okay. I think there is a difference between feeling suicidal and then having a health issue that might kill you. I am going through something similar right now. My dentist found a white patch in my mouth and I have had aches in the side of my face, my dentist has referred me to a dental hospital, but when I googled it it says cancer. I am worried sick so I know how worried you must be. If you need to chat then feel free to PM me.

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Yesterday I found a lump.

Today I saw the doc. She prodded and confirmed what I already knew, I have a lump. She's referred me to the clinic for tests. I should hear from them within the next 2 weeks. Apparently I'll get my results on the same day.

To say I'm scared and worried is an understatement.
Oh mami..

I'm so so sorry to hear that....
I can imagine how worried you are..
It may not help but honestly even if the initial result looks bad you obviously have found it at its earliest stage and that is important..
They can do so much now for lumps..
I know two people who were in the same boat and just had the lump removed (day procedure) and have never had a problem since..
Please God yours is benign but if its not try and focus on the advances that have been made in curing this..
Take care...

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
I hope that you will be okay. I think there is a difference between feeling suicidal and then having a health issue that might kill you. I am going through something similar right now. My dentist found a white patch in my mouth and I have had aches in the side of my face, my dentist has referred me to a dental hospital, but when I googled it it says cancer. I am worried sick so I know how worried you must be. If you need to chat then feel free to PM me.
Try not think the worst honeyflower...
I know its hard but Google ALWAYS seem to give the worst case scenario as their first option..
I hope you will be ok..

S

Stormcloud

Try not think the worst honeyflower...
I know its hard but Google ALWAYS seem to give the worst case scenario as their first option..
I hope you will be ok..
Yeah I know. I stupidly googled it and I am sorry I ever did, but I can't help but worry.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think there is a huge difference between feeling suicidal due to mental health issues and what I am facing now.
i think that there is a huge difference between feeling suicidal & the actual realities of killing oneself / death.

Like everything that comes under mental health, it is individual, in depth & complex.

i was actively suicidal for 5 years - it ended with a serious suicide attempt that almost succeeded.

A documented & common phenomena within suicide attempts where the person 'knows' they are going to die is very often an experience of an overwhelming desire to live. The actual realities of death are something else.

Suicide statistics show some interesting details.

i think there are differences between people actively & seriously engaging in a preparation & action to take their life, & in discussion of it all. Not to judge, compare or deny anyone's pain.

Yes - the stark realities of actual physical death is something else.

i hope that whatever physical ill health / problem there is is able to be managed / healed.

mami5

mami5

Got a letter through the post today. I am to go to hospital on Tuesday 27th for tests. Will be there for 2 - 4 hours. Have 3 weeks to wait and worry ahead of me now. :cry:

Saw CPN this morning. She said she'll support me and I can talk to her any time. That is good to know. Will see psychologist tomorrow for half an hour, will tell him then. This is hard.

S

Stormcloud

It is really hard having to wait. You have to wait 3 weeks to be seen and worry yourself to death.
I so hope that you will be okay. Thinking of you xx

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Got a letter through the post today. I am to go to hospital on Tuesday 27th for tests. Will be there for 2 - 4 hours. Have 3 weeks to wait and worry ahead of me now. :cry:

Saw CPN this morning. She said she'll support me and I can talk to her any time. That is good to know. Will see psychologist tomorrow for half an hour, will tell him then. This is hard.
Hi mami

I can imagine how the 3 weeks must seem so long now - but it will come around quickly in the end... It's hard to even say anything to you that doesn't sound ridiculous as I know anyone would be worried so telling you not to be seems inappropriate really..

I guess the best thing to say is - try and not imagine the worst.. There is every chance it's a cyst or a benign lump. Cancer is definitely not the only thing it could be.....so try and remember that...

If it was cancer - honestly they can do soooooo much these days for it that it's almost routine. I know two people who have been in and out on the day having lumps removed....

I'm here if you need support and I'm really glad you have your cpn too..

Last edited:
mami5

mami5

Saw psychologist today, he was supportive too. Said I can phone him any time and he'll get back to me if he's busy. I will see him again next Friday.

Feeling numb tonight. I am sort of wishing it is cancer. Is that bad of me? I'm getting quite suicidal again. :low:

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Wishing it was cancer I think is just your way of building yourself up for the worst news so you might cope better if it happens....
I may be completely wrong obviously but I do that sometimes just to try and get an acceptance for the worst and then I just become totally numb.. I stop caring as I simply don't feel.... A coping mechanism really...
I'm glad your psychologist is being so supportive :)

mami5

mami5

Went to see my GP today. She told me I have blood in my urine. That is not good. She's referring me for further tests. Wants to find the cause and, once again, rule out cancer. Will all this ever stop? Don't know how I'm suppose to cope with it all. All I know is I am very, very evil to deserve all this punishment.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Went to see my GP today. She told me I have blood in my urine. That is not good. She's referring me for further tests. Wants to find the cause and, once again, rule out cancer. Will all this ever stop? Don't know how I'm suppose to cope with it all. All I know is I am very, very evil to deserve all this punishment.
Hi Mami,
I'm so sorry, your not evil and don't deserve to be poorly.
It might be a urine infection.
Take care