• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Forum Guidelines

P

Paul

In framing some rules we are attempting a difficult balance between freedom of speech and the Forum's aims.

These guidelines are intended to give everyone an indication of the rules which the Administrators will try to apply when judging whether posts should be deleted or edited.

These are the categories of post which we will consider deleting...

1.) Advertising. Anything which involves commercial advertising including links to commercial websites.

2.) Spam. Hard to define but most people know it when they see it. This includes posters who arrive and make one irrelevant post which serves only to introduce a link to a commercial website.

3.) Flaming. While arguing perspectives is healthy, personal insults, attacks and innuendo aimed at other members of the forum are not acceptable. We may also edit sexist, racist, or otherwise offensive terms.

4.) Very offensive or harmful material. Obviously this is a judgment call but please re-read what has been said above.

We may also edit posts which convey the impression that the poster's views are a fact rather than an opinion. For example, we may preface the post by a statement such as "In my view, ...".

5.) Naming of individuals. We have to protect the Forum against accusations of libel. While it is perfectly acceptable to say that you had a terrible experience with a GP/psychiatrist/CPN etc. (as all too many of us have) we cannot allow the individuals to be named on this forum. We will also try to remove names and email addresses that can identify you for your own protection, unless you specifically ask us not to do so prior to posting. When writing about other people (friends, relatives, etc.), please do not use their real names.

6.) Irrelevance. If a post appears in a thread which has absolutely nothing to do with the general direction of the thread then it may be deleted; obviously this only applies to serious threads. But it can be upsetting for people who are having a serious discussion to have the thread derailed by irrelevance.

If you come across a post which you feel falls into one of these categories and you want to alert the administrator then all you need do is to click the triangle button which can be found on the left-hand side of every post.

If you want to seek clarification about anything here, or to clear something in advance, please contact the administrator.

F

FRANK

Paul,
I have been trying to locate an email address for Marius Romme, also for Sandra Escher to contact them. Do you know such email address
for them?
Frank

I

imported_Steve

Hi, I've never used 1 of these sites before and after and stay in hospital it was suggested to me that i should give it a go. So basically can u tell me how it works please

T

ThePayingRoomate

Steve... I'm a recent joiner here as well. I started off by sharing my personal experiences in the personal experiences thread and received a great deal of feedback from folks who could relate in many ways and others who have a different perspective. Seemed to work for me if you're willing to give it a shot. My voices didn't start until a head injury a little under 8 years ago, so it's been helpful to see how others have dealt with such experiences over longer periods of time and how they rationalize what they experience within their various philosophies.

Hope you can find the place as interesting and helpful as I had in the short time I've been here.