• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

forgot to say hi

stupid1

stupid1

been on this forum for about a week forgot to say hi.

xxx

J

jamesdean

Hi are you having a good night or a bad night I just cannot sleep but there isnt anyone around tonight its vey quiet

stupid1

stupid1

sorry JD i gave up and went to bed, hope you had a good night. xx

thanks for the welcome. xx

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: to MHF .

D

DIZZY

Being brave

Hello?? just joined and have never been on one of these things before, has anyone got any advice on how to stop freezing in social situations? been on meds for 6 months and things are still scaring me.:unsure:

thedreamswehad

thedreamswehad

Hello. I'm new too, joined a couple days ago. :welcome:

D

Dollit

Hi Dizzy and welcome to the forum. Yes there are people here but we're all volunteers so we pop in when we can. Why don't you open your own thread and let people join in that? Someone will come along soon and start chatting!

thedreamswehad

thedreamswehad

I'm not quite sure how to stop freezing in social situations, but i used to be extremely nervous and scared when around people and the thing that has helped me most is medication, but also to be very brave and think the more times i do this (being in social situations) the easier it will get. Sometimes it goes well, sometimes i fall flat on my face but i always get back up again eventually.

Anyway, hope that helps. Good luck :)