• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

forgeting little and some major things

B

bumblebee86

I'm 23 years old and for the past couple of months or so I've been quite stressed and overwhelmed with my studies, work, and some problems with my boyfriend. I feel as though I can't concentrate on my studies like I used to and failed my assignment which is quite shocking because I've always been a bright student. I find it hard to remember things being learn't in classes too.
I'm so stressed about my weight, my skin (been getting break outs), I've stopped working (for no reason) I feel so out of place.
I also forgot to attend my interview which was yesterday thinking it would be tomorrow, this is weird because i never forget things.
Today i met with my boyfriend I sat in his car without shoes on.
I forget little things like when I put the milk in the fridge, or when I go to the kitchen there's an empty cup near a warm kettle and I realise I was supposed to make tea for my self.
One day I was driving and was upset and wanted to call my close cousin but I just simply couldn't remember her number, which is weird to me....
Sometimes i forget little things but the most major one was the the big interview that I missed, everyone was infuriated at me, they thought i was nuts, i don't know why I'm like this.
I also feel verrrrry lonely when I still live with my family and when I'm not alone.... which is weird.
I can't initiate myself properly to sleep, I can't stop thinking, I have to exhaust myself with constant music, television, internet or heavy exercise to make myself feel very tired.
I also feel like I'm not getting the attention I want from my boyfriend because he spends more time with his friends... it's all in my head, i know he loves me and that's just boys being boys....
I visited the doctor and he insisted to take blood test, he said it was too early to make out what my problem is, however i did not mention me forgetting things because i honestly did not see that as a problem.

Please help me.... I'm in a big dilemma.

A

Ainsworth

:welcome:

you sound extremely stressed atm. it would of been a good idea to of told your doctor but you always can once you go back for the blood tests or make another appointment to see him.

have you tried some relaxation therapies :)

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi Bumblebee and :welcome: to the forum. Have you had the results of the blood tests yet? Do you know what conditions he tested for? Sorry, lots of questions all at once, I know.

I would go back to the doc, maybe print out what you've written here if it helps you remember everything, and tell him about the forgetfulness, not being able to stop thinking and feeling lonely. Tell him in particular that it's affecting your studies.

I hope he can sort something out for you, and in the meantime everyone is very friendly on here, so feel free to chat about anything you want. :hug:

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hi Bumblebee and :welcome: to the forum. Getting a blood test done was a good idea, as some illnesses and conditions can have some of the symptoms of depression - even if you get the results over the phone it would be a good idea to go back to your doctor and talk about the things you have written about here (or you could always print out your post).

Take care and let us know how you get on.

Rollinat

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Great minds think alike, Trombone Babe!