Forced “Treatment” is Torture

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i'm thinking of my friend who was diagnosed schitzoprenic in the late 70s and is off meds, yes i find her more interesting than the on med women in the mind group i go to, not so long ago i expect she'd have been proclaiming she was off meds and cured, she's now in the process of a pip claim and proving she's disabled however

S

sillybilly41

I would rather be dead than end up in hospital again so as long as I appear fairly healthy at GP appointments I should be ok working with her. If I choose to kill myself then it may be for the best, but I certainly won't be harming anyone else, so don't worry. Thank you for the advice and expressing an interest though. :hug5:

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I would rather be dead than end up in hospital again so as long as I appear fairly healthy at GP appointments I should be ok working with her. If I choose to kill myself then it may be for the best, but I certainly won't be harming anyone else, so don't worry. Thank you for the advice and expressing an interest though. :hug5:
You'd be harming yourself. There are spiritual consequences to suicide imo. At the least imo we have to come back to learn the same lessons. But it's your free choice with it all.

Anything that i've learned from my own path with it all, i'd say try & work with the medical system, & the resources that you have. It's quite an experience to end up in severe psychosis with zero contact with the medical system.

S

sillybilly41

You'd be harming yourself. There are spiritual consequences to suicide imo. At the least imo we have to come back to learn the same lessons. But it's your free choice with it all.

Anything that i've learned from my own path with it all, i'd say try & work with the medical system, & the resources that you have. It's quite an experience to end up in severe psychosis with zero contact with the medical system.
It's only an experience if you choose to put up with it. After the last experience I had with the medical system I won't be going down that road again. It was a fate worse than death.

The point is that harming myself when I am who I am is hardly the worst thing that could happen. I'm not worth anybody's worry but other people are so that would be a bad thing.

Even if I repeat everything over again I won't be me in my present incarnation.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's only an experience if you choose to put up with it. After the last experience I had with the medical system I won't be going down that road again. It was a fate worse than death.

The point is that harming myself when I am who I am is hardly the worst thing that could happen. I'm not worth anybody's worry but other people are so that would be a bad thing.

Even if I repeat everything over again I won't be me in my present incarnation.
You don't know anyones or your own true worth. You have a major self identity issue, which is very common in mental health.

imo, within our overall circumstances/life, we have entirely our own free will & choices. Ultimately it's your life, & personal responsibility, as an adult, to live any way you want & see fit.

If you kill yourself then you can see for yourself what happens on the other side.

S

sillybilly41

Thanks, I might just do that. I don't have an identity issue, I know who I am and have accepted it.

S

sillybilly41

It's because of who I am that I'm this way. I have good reason to hate myself and I can't change who I am.

S

sillybilly41

Well I have been me for over 40 years, I should know. I'm not going to change now and I think mental health services have at least partly realised there's nothing they can do for me, maybe it was just too tempting to give me the schizophrenia diagnosis as they can wash their hands of me regarding a psychologist.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well I have been me for over 40 years, I should know. I'm not going to change now and I think mental health services have at least partly realised there's nothing they can do for me, maybe it was just too tempting to give me the schizophrenia diagnosis as they can wash their hands of me regarding a psychologist.
i'm Not a psychologist/psychiatrist/health professional - But within a psychiatric framework maybe you fit the diagnostic criteria for a schizophrenia diagnosis?

i don't know what to suggest? i have never been able to & can't access appropriate psychological help either.

Personally i accept my diagnosis/condition & take the pills.

You 'need' to do what you feel you need to do. As i say, your an adult, it's your life, free will & choices, & your responsibility. Ultimately Nothing really to do with anyone else.

S

sillybilly41

Well I might as well add schizophrenia to my long list of negative attributes, people hate me anyway and no one would be surprised.

I don't personally think schizophrenia makes a person bad, it's just the way I am so that's not a criticism of anyone else. But it certainly fits with everything else and a social pariah it will make little difference. I can't get a job now. I suppose that's no different from most other people on here but at least I deserve to be hated. Everyone else seems decent enough on here. Maybe I should start going on a psychopath forum and meet some more like minded people. I don't deserve the support people give here.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
have you already reduced meds may be why your feeling that way

F

firemonkee57

Well thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm sure I will be fine and I'm probably not even going to tell mental health services I'm coming off the medication.
I hope you have back up in the way of friends and family who can step in if the wheels are starting to come off the wagon. We are not always good judges of when things are going pear shaped.

S

sillybilly41

'Friends' and family would have me locked up and drugged up away from them probably. The only one I can rely on to give me genuine support is my mum's dog, and he helps me a lot more than any human or medication can. He knew I was ill a long time before anyone else the last time too. He just gave me love, which is more than be said for anyone else apart from my ex, who did visit me in hospital.