• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Football madness

T

Tricia

Founding Member
I have just been away day with Users in Partnership it was to of all things a football match wolverhampton versus Stoke first time in around 30 years and it will be the last, I am sure there are saner people sectioned at our local psychiatric hospital .The match itself was good even though did not know my left wing from my right and felt that Stoke was the better team and therefore deserved to win(4.2) I thought things were bad enough when the fans were pouring drinks and throwing pies over the balcony onto Stoke fans ,but afterwards it was dreadful people fighting with broken bottles one young lad will have a scar on his face that will remind him of this match riot police and dogs everywhere the Stoke fans had smashed 2 pubs up because they were refused a drink. What happened to sportmanship if this is the way so called sane people behave thank goodness I have a mental health problem.

J

jamesdean

Its just unbeievable the way some people behave these days in pubs honestly

Q

quality factor

Words can't describe how these 'people' or are they 'animals'? behave.
Seems indicative of elements of todays' society.
Hope your day hasn't scarred you too much.:(

Behind The Sun

Behind The Sun

Words can't describe how these 'people' or are they 'animals'? behave.
Seems indicative of elements of todays' society.
Hope your day hasn't scarred you too much.:(

Im afraid to say it but animals behave better than these idiots.
Its a shame when you cant go for a drink and have these muppets bothering you.:mad::mad::mad:

aphex2k

aphex2k

Yikes. I'm from Wolverhampton and used to live by the ground. Messy on match days but I'm sure local derby's around the country are similar.

As bad as it might seem, they are minority and the majority of fans are decent, law abiding citizens who regularly attend matches and don't cause trouble. I hope your view of the average person from Wolvo is not blighted by the mindless actions of the few!

O

Overly Medicated

Not all matches are like that, most go off without a problem, Wolves v Stoke not the best choice as the two sides have a big history with each other,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

R

Roger Waldram

I'm a Derby supporter (for my sins!) & our equivalent is Florist fairly quiet tho' severed Rams head thrown thro' window of pub where Ram's fans were drinking-no harm done!!!

Looking forward to Leeds on Boxing Day @ Pride Park. Everything is very well policed & our lunch pub only allows away fans if they're well-behaved & it's great to have a chat-few years ago we had Sheffield Wednesday-their fans theme was the Blues Brothers-all tight suits, trilbies & bow ties & a good laugh.

Football is very tribal & great for anger-venting BUT certainly no 'acting out' or violence.

Can be a great laugh..?

R

Roger Waldram

Just as a PS for Tricia. We went to the Derby versus Leeds match on Boxing Day & won 1-0 thanks to some great goalkeeping & a great deal of luck. We had a cuppa in our camper whilst we waited for the traffic to clear-it was ages 'cos there were 33,000+. Had a good chat with some Leeds lads parked in front of us, me saying I didn't know how they'd lost, sharing some mince-pies we'd brought & our collie having a fuss from them-their mince-pies were quite interesting to her!

Just to say that despite the rather 'evil' & funny chanting during the match it can be great to talk to other fans about players we'd like to get rid of & how rubbish the owners are & we'd like 'em to spend some of the cash we give 'em.

Totally accept that some fans can be crazy-in a 'previous existence' I was a student nurse & a fellow nurse was a Man U fan who took great delight in telling me how they filed sharp edges onto pennies & half-pennies (pre-decimal-I'm quite old!) & used catapults to fire them into opposition fans! Suspect they'd be arrested pretty quick & banned these days thank goodness. Unfortunately there are still some fans for whom the football is a good excuse for a punch-up.

O

Overly Medicated

i qualified as an R.M.N and was involved in the scene along time ago..............madness..............but part of my way of seeking validty when i had little insight into my behaviour. I wrote a book about my experinces, on the terraces and off them.