• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Food Obession

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Does anyone else get obssessed with food when they're struggling with their eating disorders??

I love food, but I can't eat it... I have to rearrange the fridge and cupboards, but then the cycle starts over again. Sometimes it gets so bad I have arrange everything on plates when I do eat :unsure:

L

lildubs0_1

hi like yourself i love food i have countless food magazines, cookery books i look though them often sometimes i even buy the food to make i really love looking at the pictures...

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

I do the same, I love reading cookery books and plan how I'd make a meal... but I wouldn't want to eat it :unsure:

T

terri

ho ho ha ha

come on, don't talk daft, just take it with milk, and give it a gulp and get it stuck down your throat no more. For that's the quickest way to choke, so don't do it, and leads to repetetive stress syndrone, and constant agonies of whether you have chewed enough or not.

Eating food is the most natural thing to do in the world, as so is poo and so is drinking some red wine, or wild mead, or fruit juices or, etc.....

Or, it should be so b*****y so obvious you so do not need this forum for zhat.

Silly

Mummy

Angels

Angels

i have the ben and jerrys obsession!! for the chocolate brownie one.
but i always feel in the mood for cooking something but i just want to cook it for the sake of it. not all that keen on eating it.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah, I'm obsessed with food all the time, and my bipolar meds make it even worse. But my problem is compulsive overeating. I used to be bulimic, but now I only take laxatives because my meds make me so darned constipated. I'm about 40 lbs overweight, and I still keep eating. Can't tell you how ashamed I feel about having no self-control.

C

Cloudy

i know for a fact that most people who suffer from aneroxia are obsessed with food. i used to suffer from aneroxia and was obsessed with food, i would bake cakes and cookies daily, make and pack siblings' (i have 4 of them) lunch every day, keep a food diary, etc. i loved watching other people eat the food i make but not me. im good now. :)

chloe18

chloe18

I constantly think about food, but i do not starve myself, or throw up - even though i've thought about it. I binge alot, and think about what food i can eat, and how much food i can eat then i'll binge for an hour or so, or through out an evening. I really want to loose weight, but am also scared if i start loosing weight i will go to the other extreme!

RedRoseBeauty

RedRoseBeauty

I eat my food in weird ways, infact I was watching supersize vs superskinny with my Dad once and they said people with eating disorders have all these habits when eating and my Dad was like you do all them I just laughed it off and moved on.

I can't bite a sandwich I have to break bits off and eat it, I have to take my time when eating I seriously take over an hour to eat a meal & I dislike mixing certain foods on my plate.

DoctorInternet2

DoctorInternet2

I constantly think about food, but i do not starve myself, or throw up - even though i've thought about it. I binge alot, and think about what food i can eat, and how much food i can eat then i'll binge for an hour or so, or through out an evening. I really want to loose weight, but am also scared if i start loosing weight i will go to the other extreme!
That's what's happened to me, I've gone from one extreme to the other, from being 4 st. overweight to being 1 st. underweight, both problems are very hard to deal with, both problems are just as unhealthy, we should enjoy our food, our food shouldn't enjoy us.

bulbie

bulbie

I frequently cook then have no desire to eat it. I almost always separate my food on my plate and have to eat it in a certain order, and I break it u into tiny pieces and eat it that way, like RRB. i obsess over food, always thinking about it, always striving to eat more healthily, have a few cookery books, bookmarked countless cookery sites. Rarely though do I cook anything more complex than a basic sponge and it's even rarer I want to eat it.