• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Food doesn't give be enjoyment anymore

L

Lizaje

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I use to wish that would happen. I thought then I could live like a normal person when food isn't at the center anymore. But no. I have simply lost one of those extremely rare things that gave me any pleasure or purpose, no matter how small or pathetic.

I figured, too, I could lose weight like a normal person if I wanted to. I'm not even hungry most of the time. But no. I am so incapable of organising what I do daily, that trying to eat approximately as one is supposed to, seems entirely hopeless.

B

Blackrose09

How about taking a multivitamin supplement? That will increase your appetite.

L

Lizaje

ACCOUNT CLOSED
How about taking a multivitamin supplement? That will increase your appetite.
You think so? Well it wouldn't hurt to try. I have been told they're pretty much a scam though as vitamins. I'm also a little scared that my appetite increases because I'm a former bulimic. I should find the healthy middle way but I'm "blind".

B

Blackrose09

If is depression related, than maybe finding the right medical treatment will make you enjoy eating again.
I don't know maybe some vitamins are just some sugar dust, but I take some and they increase my appetite. Don't think it's placebo.