• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Food affects my entire day

louieann

louieann

I was really hyper all day, I hadn't eaten until 2 pm all I had was an apple.

I ended up eating later and it wasn't anything with nutrition. All chocolate and chips. I feel fat and bloated. I get very depressed and feel horrible if I eat any sweets. I have hypoglycemia. So I try to eat eggs for breakfast. I am stopped my Zoloft so eating is harder at times. I am scared of calories in food but I will lose my mind with sweets. If I just don't eat it, I won't have strong cravings. Like I want chocolate, but the second I eat it I cannot stop myself.

I had restrictive eating and lost 70 pounds total. Then now, I can't stop binging. I gained 20 pounds since covid. I feel horrible. I don't want to list stats/weight/height because I know it might trigger people. And I want to respect people getting better.

I go from not eating to eating everything in sight. My belly hurts and I want more. My ED therapist hasn't seen me since she cancelled our first meeting and doesn't have any openings. I text her and she just tells me to eat.

I'm scared to eat because I lose control and get depressed after. If I don't eat I get manic and bounce off the walls.

K

Keesha

If you are hypoglycemic and eating the foods you are eating, it’s no wonder you are hyper.

With hypoglycemia , it’s best to avoid sugars on their own including fructose, sucrose, glucose etc.

Starting off with eggs or another protein or proteins is best. It nips cravings and gives you the nutrition your body needs.

Small meals consisting of protein and fibre from vegetables is ideal. If adding carbs, they are best added with protein and / or fibre. This will prevent your blood sugar from spiking.

With eating the way you are, your blood sugar is going up and down so fast, it may be making you far more moody and on edge. Food has a huge impact on us.

louieann

louieann

If you are hypoglycemic and eating the foods you are eating, it’s no wonder you are hyper.

With hypoglycemia , it’s best to avoid sugars on their own including fructose, sucrose, glucose etc.

Starting off with eggs or another protein or proteins is best. It nips cravings and gives you the nutrition your body needs.

Small meals consisting of protein and fibre from vegetables is ideal. If adding carbs, they are best added with protein and / or fibre. This will prevent your blood sugar from spiking.

With eating the way you are, your blood sugar is going up and down so fast, it may be making you far more moody and on edge. Food has a huge impact on us.
I try to eliminate all sweets, but my folks always are bringing them and making them. I have a bad addiction to sugar and tell them constantly I can't have them near me. But since it's the holidays I want them to be able to enjoy the sweets.

I get extremely moody with chocolate, it's just getting myself distracted that'll be the hard part.

Thank you for your reply! Happy Holidays!

K

Keesha

I try to eliminate all sweets, but my folks always are bringing them and making them. I have a bad addiction to sugar and tell them constantly I can't have them near me. But since it's the holidays I want them to be able to enjoy the sweets.

I get extremely moody with chocolate, it's just getting myself distracted that'll be the hard part.

Thank you for your reply! Happy Holidays!
I’m actually the same way. Every year I make these cookies if I start eating the cookie decorations like M & M’s, chocolate chips etc, I can’t stop do I try not to start. It’s extra hard when it’s all around you. Your cravings will be greatly helped with those eggs or other protein each morning. I wish you the best. It can be quite a struggle. Plus chocolate has caffeine plus sugar.

louieann

louieann

I’m actually the same way. Every year I make these cookies if I start eating the cookie decorations like M & M’s, chocolate chips etc, I can’t stop do I try not to start. It’s extra hard when it’s all around you. Your cravings will be greatly helped with those eggs or other protein each morning. I wish you the best. It can be quite a struggle. Plus chocolate has caffeine plus sugar.
I struggle with weight, scared to put more on so I lose it around the holidays from panicking about food.
I love coffee, plain black two cups a day. It helps my cravings but I also have to remember too much coffee can make me jumpy.
Also I am an M&M MANIAC I love them! I cannot buy them or I will eat an entire 3 lb bag in one sitting. Usually what helps is if I tell myself my doctor told me to not eat them. Works for a little!

O

Orangeade

I was really hyper all day, I hadn't eaten until 2 pm all I had was an apple.

I ended up eating later and it wasn't anything with nutrition. All chocolate and chips. I feel fat and bloated. I get very depressed and feel horrible if I eat any sweets. I have hypoglycemia. So I try to eat eggs for breakfast. I am stopped my Zoloft so eating is harder at times. I am scared of calories in food but I will lose my mind with sweets. If I just don't eat it, I won't have strong cravings. Like I want chocolate, but the second I eat it I cannot stop myself.

I had restrictive eating and lost 70 pounds total. Then now, I can't stop binging. I gained 20 pounds since covid. I feel horrible. I don't want to list stats/weight/height because I know it might trigger people. And I want to respect people getting better.

I go from not eating to eating everything in sight. My belly hurts and I want more. My ED therapist hasn't seen me since she cancelled our first meeting and doesn't have any openings. I text her and she just tells me to eat.

I'm scared to eat because I lose control and get depressed after. If I don't eat I get manic and bounce off the walls.
I have no experience with eating disorders or what that means to feel it. But i am proud of you for attempting to try and eat. Im sending you so much love

louieann

louieann

I have no experience with eating disorders or what that means to feel it. But i am proud of you for attempting to try and eat. Im sending you so much love
Sometimes not having experience with it is okay, support sometimes isn't even in that field but understanding is best. Sending good vibes for you!

O

Orangeade

Sometimes not having experience with it is okay, support sometimes isn't even in that field but understanding is best. Sending good vibes for you!
I can see that you face many challenges in your life and i just hope i can bring you comfort and support