• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Follow on from my earlier thread....

S

Sarax

Feeling awful now, ended up self harming, something which I havnt done for a while..... Thought I'd got over that!!! Just annoyed with myself for letting myself do it... There has to be easier better ways of coping with depression surely?!?

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
I'm afraid that there are no easy answers, there are a load of different distraction techniques that you can try - they are listed under the SH section but sometimes things just feel so bad that SH has a very strong pull.

One way to look at it is to think about what you might have done had SH not been an option. It doesn't make SH any better but it can help to see the extent to which SH is a 'good' coping mechanism.

Take care and try not to be so hard on yourself (I know this is a tricky one when in the depths of depression).

iffybob

iffybob

Hello

Hi Sarax, I had a relaps just before xmas the first one in many years, try not to be hard on yourself for it.......

....... do you understand why you did it , or what lead up to it.....

..... I have not read the earlyer thread , I will try and find it....

........boB.... :flowers:

iffybob

iffybob

this ?

I take it you mean this thread .........

..............."Please someone help me get through this"

S

Sarax

I don't know why I do it... It's just something which helps with how i'm feeling... I just endvup with the consequences of regreting it after

iffybob

iffybob

ok...

Is it over now that you have done it, or do you think you will do more.....?

Is it seriouse, have you treated the wound, does it need medical attention ....?
(I know these sound stupid questions)

S

Sarax

I don't know... Hoping tomorro will be better day and I won't feel the need to do it again

iffybob

iffybob

Ok

Just make sure you treat the wound, there is a list of self harm alternatives on here, of things that are not harmful, you could try and read that.

I read that you drink on the other thread, I had to make a decision not to drink cos of what I am, I am a bad drunk, and I find it addictive, it did not help my mental staite ........ I still do have the very occational drink, but only about 3 or units a year.

..... I know its hard, but having 1 prob (MH), is better than having 2 probs (MH+drink), I know it sounds alot, there are other orginisations that help you stop drinking, other than GP, perhaps you could do a search for ones in your area..... ?

Please dont think I am patronising you, I can only offer you options, if I am way out please tell me........

........... boB

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Depression Forum 1