• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Focusing, In Spite of the Voice.

G

GTP

The voices seem to want to take over a space of your mind. I thought at times if it worth fighting their occupation or is it better just to focus on our tasks one at a time. This takes effort as even in Buddhism this is a practice of monks which have the goal of taking control of their own mind consciously as opposed to letting it run on auto-pilot. There is a kind of split in the experience of reaching a goal because you are divided between :

1. Reaching your goal.
2. Keeping your voice at bay (ignoring it).

The thing is, that if you are a voice hearer, you have to deal with No.2 also. This is problematic, but I think that by breath regulation (breathing consciously) and focusing on one task at a time, everytihng can become do-able.

G

GTP

The voices seem to want to take over a space of your mind. I thought at times if it worth fighting their occupation or is it better just to focus on our tasks one at a time. This takes effort as even in Buddhism this is a practice of monks which have the goal of taking control of their own mind consciously as opposed to letting it run on auto-pilot. There is a kind of split in the experience of reaching a goal because you are divided between :

1. Reaching your goal.
2. Keeping your voice at bay (ignoring it).

The thing is, that if you are a voice hearer, you have to deal with No.2 also. This is problematic, but I think that by breath regulation (breathing consciously) and focusing on one task at a time, everytihng can become do-able.
Also, I believe that we need to organize as best as we can. To plan our days and activities accordingly and to stick to them in spite of distractions. That's the word - distraction. If we let ourselves slip into it, we get sucked into more than one black hole, the first being the voice.