Flying for the first time in 20 years ….OMG!!!

P

Poots

Hi Everyone... My name is Lisa and I have suffered with Anxiety/Panic disorder for over 10 years. Day to day stuff is ok, I work full time, I go out socially, I drive places BUT going on a train, plane, passenger in a car, lifts, crowded places etc and Im a mess. So I avoid them..I get sooo upset with myself for doing this as we all know its only making the situation worse. I am going on holiday at the end of August for 10 days.. Menorca, looks amazing, I want to be there lay in the sun having a fabulous time.... but I'm dreading it already... can you please help. !!! Much love Lisa xx

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
A few years ago I was flying for the first time in years and was petrified. I was recommended Bach’s rescue remedy. It did say four or five drops but I used half the bottle but it did work. If you an anxiety sufferer your GP may prescribe a lorazepam or such like just to help you thru the flight

N

natalie

I would book an appointment for your GP, and ask about Pregabalin, I already take, and Pregablin, thouigh I had a very bad cold, in my current holiday, is marvellous med.

I have a feeling t hat there is a fear of fly ing course lurking to put people, at ease, and I am sure that somebody via MHF, will pop along to reassure you. And advise you.

I wish you well with this problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7