• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Flupentixol

H

Habs

Has anyone tried this medication for psychosis, does anyone have any experiences, side effects and effectiveness? Hoping it helps with paranoid delusions but worried about side effects!

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
It makes some people restless, and if that happens, tell your doctor as it might be a temporary problem, or might mean you need to change medication.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

On it at the moment, get some shaking in my left hand as a side effect but it's controllable with orphenadrine liquid. Works well for my psychosis.

N

natalie

Is this a brand new med for pshycosis, to be honest I haven't heard of it?

Passionflower

Passionflower

I was on flupenthixol for 4 years and found I had no side effects at all, but it wasn't great for delusions or hallucinations. It stopped me going totally crazy but held me in a sort of half psychotic state. Maybe I needed a higher dose or something but I guess I will never know now. I now take haloperidol and that doesn't work very well either so maybe I am just med resistant.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

It's a mid generation anti-psychotic I seem to remember, somewhere between typicals and atypicals, I might be wrong though.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

I was on flupenthixol for 4 years and found I had no side effects at all, but it wasn't great for delusions or hallucinations. It stopped me going totally crazy but held me in a sort of half psychotic state. Maybe I needed a higher dose or something but I guess I will never know now. I now take haloperidol and that doesn't work very well either so maybe I am just med resistant.
I was on Risperdal for 12 years, worked wonders then suddenly stopped. I recently tried it again and it did bugger all, I noticed the difference within a couple of hours of starting back on flupentixhol. My state of mind on Risperdal was similar to the one you mentioned above.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i was on flupentixol decanoate a injection for a long time, it was called depixol, i think it was given to people in case they came off that was until they lost the resources for that

i remember one psychiatrist saying it was a stimulant i said it's a major tranquiliser used in the treatment of schitzoprenia, read that in new scientist

as one psychiatrist said thats an old drug