• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

fluoxetine to effexor

M

messed-up

I've just changed meds from fluoxetine to effexor and tbh I feel worse, hubby has said I have changed dramatically.
Has anyone else changed these meds and felt like this, I'm a bit worried as I'm having thoughts of self harm and really want to die (more than usual).
I've only changed 4 days ago, would it take a while for effexor to kick in even though I have already been taking anidepressents, if anyone has has any idea or experienced this please let me know.

thank you.

A

Affective

I've just changed meds from fluoxetine to effexor and tbh I feel worse, hubby has said I have changed dramatically.
Has anyone else changed these meds and felt like this, I'm a bit worried as I'm having thoughts of self harm and really want to die (more than usual).
I've only changed 4 days ago, would it take a while for effexor to kick in even though I have already been taking anidepressents, if anyone has has any idea or experienced this please let me know.

thank you.
I was suicidal on Fluoxetine, in fact it made my depression worse. Now I am on Effexor and it has improved. It will take about 7 days to start feeling better and about two to notice a change.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

I changed from citalopram, fairly similar to fluoxetine, to effexor a while back and went through 4 weeks of absolute hell. Effexor never really worked for me and i went back to citalopram.

S

summerstars

it's completely different from person to person, what one person experiences another wont. if you're feeling that bad then pleaseeee seek help. this probably isn't the right med for you.
good luck!

I

its all in my head

hang in there

hi I changed my meds a few times now it will probably take a good 4 week s for you to get used to it I felt so bad I was just curled on a couch waiting for it to pass ,If you feel yourself getting worse or feel you should talk to doctor and explain how you feeling.but to get the fluxetine out of system and new one into system it will take 4 week hope everything is ok and your new meds help you take care