• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Fluoxetine/Prozac increase, side effects?

Faith198

Faith198

I’ve been taking Prozac for about 2 years now and I’ve been stable on 40mg. Recently I had it increased to 60mg because I was having a tough time with depression. Recently I’ve noticed I have really shakey hands, because of this I am very clumsy and off balance. I’m kind of dizzy too. I almost feel really anxious, like I’ve had too much caffeine.

I can’t sit still. I know the dizziness could be a side effect but should I be freaked out by this?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Staff Member on Leave
I’m not sure of this as a side effect but I’d contact your doctor to discuss what’s happening. It most probably is a side effect as youve just had it increased . I’m not sure how long you’ve been on the higher dose, so maybe the shaky hands may settle down .I've had this with some meds that I’ve been on but your doctor/MH team could put your mind at rest

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
What you are experience is most likely side effects because of the increased dosage, how long have you taken the new dosage of medicine?

Best would be contacting your doctor.

Faith198

Faith198

What you are experience is most likely side effects because of the increased dosage, how long have you taken the new dosage of medicine?

Best would be contacting your doctor.
I have been on new dosage for a week and a half now. I think I’m gonna call her up this morning. Just thought I’d see if anyone else has experienced this to calm my fears a little bit

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
I have been on new dosage for a week and a half now. I think I’m gonna call her up this morning. Just thought I’d see if anyone else has experienced this to calm my fears a little bit
Then I would say it’s side effects because of the increased dosage. They will often turn up during the 2 weeks period of prozac. It’s always a thumb rule to directly contact your doctor when you experience side effects 😊

N

natalie

I would think, that the shakiness is most likely could be that of anxiety which mine is hailed from, and or stressful situations. I doubt, that the Fluxoetine, would cause shakiness, I have been taking Fluxoetine myself at a rate of 7,5ml, and I haven't noticed very unusual shakiness.

However, you would have done the right t hing, by talking to your doctor and to see if could muster what the cause of it is.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
manicmonday Night waking with Fluoxetine (Prozac) Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
E Prozac/fluoxetine Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
B fluoxetine/prozac Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
PurpleLily Prozac / Fluoxetine and sleepiness Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 17
J Restarting Fluoxetine at 40mg - side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
S Does weed interact with fluoxetine? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
A Do I need to increase fluoxetine dose? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
P Anyone on fluoxetine? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N Strong Mutual Admirer away for a month/prevention for feeling to low/Fluoxetine Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
B Depression - Nortriptyline & Fluoxetine Combination Therapy Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
N Shaking - Anxiety (I have raynoulds also) and Fluoxetine Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
B Prescribed Fluoxetine 20mg Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
S Advice for first time fluoxetine Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
J Fluoxetine Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
sheeba8188 Fluoxetine and Mirtazapine mix Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
J Fluoxetine Side Effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
anxiously Liquid Fluoxetine Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
T Citalopram to Fluoxetine Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
E Fluoxetine - side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
brokenalex Fluoxetine and tired Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
S Changing medication, from Fluoxetine to Sertraline, and hoping someone can answer a question about side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
S Fluoxetine anybody? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 9
M fluoxetine need help Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Sharyhn Fluoxetine Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
P fluoxetine making me drunk really fast?! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 17
C Fluoxetine Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
S Increased Fluoxetine possibly making me worse Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
P fluoxetine.. cant sleep?? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 9
diamondshine half-life of fluoxetine? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
Faith198 Does this sound like Prozac withdrawal? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
M Prozac Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 14
Zipsayain I been given 40mg of Prozac, for starting a starting dose. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
K Zyprexa & Prozac Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
W Switching from Prozac to Lexapro? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
L Prozac Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
B I have come off prozac, it has been a month, why are withdrawals only happening now? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
B Is it worth a trip to the doctors? I dont think my Prozac is effecting me as much as it used to Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Colorfulcolors858 Prozac 20 mg? Sleepiness? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
S Prozac To Treat PMS Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
B starting prozac, a few questions Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Lincoln1990 Prozac withdrawal or starting Seroquel? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
M anyone ever taken prozac?? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
J Prozac and blood tests Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
C Prozac and Ritalin issues Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
C Prozac to Citalopram?? advise please Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
S Does anyone have success with prozac Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
M Prozac and headache question. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
P prozac and tiredness? ... Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
P been prescribed prozac? dont want to take it? has anyone got experience about it? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
O New to Prozac, feeling worse, please help! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3