• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Fluoxetine 40mg

E

Emily2435

Hi,
So, for many years, I have suffered with severe anxiety, panic disorder and depression. I have been on many AD’s and I found that Fluoxetine 20mg eased me. I was always busy and could live my life with ‘fewer’ worries. 4 weeks ago, I felt I’d completely lost my head! Massive brain fog, panic attacks every 10 minutes, zero sleep, sweating all day, huge feelings of dread and ALOT of unwanted negative thoughts- which completely took over! I have a partner and 2 small children with a massive support network and nothing was helping me/taking my mind off things. I decided to start taking 40mg Fluoxetine, as previously discussed this with my doctor. Some parts of the day, I can feel ok and then bam! Back to feeling awful with negative thoughts!! I have been on 40mg for 3 weeks now and was wondering if anyone had been through this situation and how long it takes for the upped dosage to start working? Thank you in advance xx

Bellaone

Bellaone

Hi. I take 40mg of fluoxetine and it took a few months for it to make a difference for me. Everyone is different though 🙂

E

Emily2435

Hi. I take 40mg of fluoxetine and it took a few months for it to make a difference for me. Everyone is different though 🙂
Thank you.. Are you feeling ok now?

ParxSP

ParxSP

Hi,
So, for many years, I have suffered with severe anxiety, panic disorder and depression. I have been on many AD’s and I found that Fluoxetine 20mg eased me. I was always busy and could live my life with ‘fewer’ worries. 4 weeks ago, I felt I’d completely lost my head! Massive brain fog, panic attacks every 10 minutes, zero sleep, sweating all day, huge feelings of dread and ALOT of unwanted negative thoughts- which completely took over! I have a partner and 2 small children with a massive support network and nothing was helping me/taking my mind off things. I decided to start taking 40mg Fluoxetine, as previously discussed this with my doctor. Some parts of the day, I can feel ok and then bam! Back to feeling awful with negative thoughts!! I have been on 40mg for 3 weeks now and was wondering if anyone had been through this situation and how long it takes for the upped dosage to start working? Thank you in advance xx
How are you feeling now Emily? I have just put on a similar post and would love to know if you are feeling better?

E

Emily2435

How are you feeling now Emily? I have just put on a similar post and would love to know if you are feeling better?
Hey- I’m very slowly getting there! I’ve started researching vitamins and other possibilities for what could be causing the DP/DR. Are you taking any medication?

ParxSP

ParxSP

Hey- I’m very slowly getting there! I’ve started researching vitamins and other possibilities for what could be causing the DP/DR. Are you taking any medication?
Yes I've been on 20mg fluoxetine for about a year now. This Covid c$#p has knocked me sideways so 5 weeks ago I doubled the meds, with doc agreement. Last Friday I had a meltdown, it had been being for a while, and GP wanted to up me to 60mg a day....i said no. I'm so up and down at the moment and finding it hard to cope. What vitamins are you on?

E

Emily2435

Hang in there... I know so well how difficult it is! Things can only get better 😘
An increase in the dose can also make you feel worse initially.. so please keep on with the 40mg..
I’m currently taking, vitamin d3, folic acid, magnesium glycinate and iron.. I’ve also had a b12 injection.. as for me, I feel my levels and hormones are playing a massive part in all of this!!

ParxSP

ParxSP

Hang in there... I know so well how difficult it is! Things can only get better 😘
An increase in the dose can also make you feel worse initially.. so please keep on with the 40mg..
I’m currently taking, vitamin d3, folic acid, magnesium glycinate and iron.. I’ve also had a b12 injection.. as for me, I feel my levels and hormones are playing a massive part in all of this!!
Thank you for your reply. It makes me feel more optimistic. I'll look into the vitamins too and add them to my daily routine.

E

Emily2435

I promise, you’ll get there. These things unfortunately time time 😔 You’re doing all the right things towards your road to recovery!! Yes- Have a look at some vitamins xx