• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

flouextine

C

charlie17

has anyone tried flouxetine i just wondered as the doc is thinking of putting me on it? Any advice woud be greatfull.

elvis the cat

elvis the cat

Hi charlie i've been on floxitine b4 and found it good ,1st i was on 20mg then uped to 60mg . it worked well (y)

C

charlie17

hi

how long does it take to work does it help with sleep and chronic pain?? at the moment i am on sleeping tablets and now valium that makes my head bang im just fed up been on anits before and they didnt work had all the side effects. please advice. hope u are well.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
The first time I went on anti d's it worked very well. Not sure about its usage for chronic pain though,

It will take about 3-4 weeks untill you get thereputic levels there for 3-4 weeks to prob notice any difference.

Take care and :welcome: to the forum

elvis the cat

elvis the cat

charlie they take around a month 2 work , apparently they do help cronic pain as my mum was on them as pain managment after nerve damage after an accident . i was on them about a year but needed to change anti -ds as i was not getting any better . i'm fine now :clap:

C

charlie17

thanks

your poor mum. i have nerve pain too due to a screwed up ceasaren i had a trapped fermoral nerve then a laparoscopy after cos i had loads of adhesions. i dont sleep at all even on sleepers and valium every morning i wake up and want to kill myself as my aniexty is so sky high and am in so much pain i also have muscle weakness. fed up to say the least i have had to beg to see my mental health worker cos im at my wits end literally. i am due to have another laparoscopy but scared to go to hospital as i have been through hell and back with mucked up operations. i live on a army base and its in the middle of nowhere. i feel so alone in my screwed up head. hope it helps.thanks for listening.