Flashbacks

B

bipolarbear9

Hi I am diagnosed with ASD, Bipolar and BPD. I'm currently doing a decent job of keeping my life together but I'm suffering from flashbacks and vivid dreams. A few years a go I cheated on my partner, he was my first love and I was out of my mind on zoloft and had just been released from hospital after a bipolar episode and was still experiencing disassociative symptoms. It is the only thing in my life I regret and I cannot get past it even though it was years ago and I'm now with a new partner who is brilliant.
The whole thing led me to attempt suicide about 3 years ago and now my head is constantly forcing me to think about him and the regret and guilt I feel. Ive started getting self harming thoughts and I wish I could see him and go back to how we were but at the same time I don't.

G

Girl interupted

Try doing something simple like writing him a letter that you will never send. It can be cathartic and help you organize your thoughts.

Once you’ve written it, put it away somewhere safe. Take it out and re-read it when you are having moments like these.

B

bipolarbear9

Try doing something simple like writing him a letter that you will never send. It can be cathartic and help you organize your thoughts.

Once you’ve written it, put it away somewhere safe. Take it out and re-read it when you are having moments like these.
Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate your reply. I'll try that tonight x