• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Flashback question ***trigger warning- sexual abuse*****

J

jen1976

I am feeling ashamed and humiliated by the flashbacks and nightmares I am having at the moment. I physically feel the implements that were put into my body and other physical pain. I don’t know how to deal with this. I feel like a freak. I just need to know if anyone else has experienced this and how they handle it. I am also wetting myself a lot whenever I have a flashback or a nightmare. I’m sorry, I don’t mean to trigger anyone, but I really feel lost with this. I’m sorry.

Beorn the Bear

Beorn the Bear

This is something you definitely need professional help with. Are you getting it?

J

jen1976

I am trying my best, but the situation I am in at the moment means any support is sporadic and unreliable. I don’t trust easily and am very embarrassed. I just feel totally on my own with this. Thank you for replying.

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nothing to be ever ashamed about its rough world . What I been taught and use to overcome my trauma is I had to go back as a adult and free that child that was hurt so bad . So you have to get strong first . I do positive affirmations for 1 hour you can find 60 positive affirmations for women on net . So after that I imagine the scene in my mind I now see now how its like a theatre play behind the backdrop there is nothing there I see myself then and the rest of characters I freeze the scene in my mind I take the the child by the hand and tell them its going to be alright . I see the people now as just characters in a play I imagine there is a very bright white light focused on them its melting them so all that remains is a pool of liquid then I take a mop and I clean up the liquid . I know this is hard the first time . the more you do this going back and doing this the easier it gets it has less and less pull on you .

J

jen1976

Thank you. I will try my very best to do that. At the moment I am willing to try pretty much anything positive.:redface:

Zigazigah

Zigazigah

I am feeling ashamed and humiliated by the flashbacks and nightmares I am having at the moment. I physically feel the implements that were put into my body and other physical pain. I don’t know how to deal with this. I feel like a freak. I just need to know if anyone else has experienced this and how they handle it. I am also wetting myself a lot whenever I have a flashback or a nightmare. I’m sorry, I don’t mean to trigger anyone, but I really feel lost with this. I’m sorry.
Hi Jen.

I realise this isn’t a new thread and you might hopefully be feeling a little better than when you first wrote it but I just wanted you to know you’re not alone in feeling these things. I know how scary it can be. I haven’t got a proper handle on it all yet but I can say sometimes suffering from a dissociative disorder can be a real positive as I’m removed from situations where feeling things like this would otherwise be far worse. I believe they’re sensory flashbacks and there are some books out there that may be of some use to you. “The body remembers” being one that springs to mind. I think I’m allowed to mention book names here. I’m sure one of the mods will remove it for me if I’m not. I just wanted to reach out to you really.

Take care. X