• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Five different types of Schizophrenia. Which are you?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

schizimage.jpg

I feel I am residual with stubborn hallucinations and medication side effects. However if my medication stopped - I would probably relapse.

C

CultureVulture

I would say disorganized. From this list which is being offer.

Passionflower

Passionflower

I'm diagnosed Paranoid but do not fit the angry type symptoms, so I would say Undifferentiated

N

natalie

I am classed/diagnosed as szchiphr enia, though the pshychartrist registrar never delved into specifics at the time of my meeting appointment. Also I do have atrributes of paranoia, but I certainly don't become angry - irate maybe, and certainly don't have a violent temper.

What's more, I am on meds, to control, t he worst of pshycotics symptons that I have, delusions, paranoia, and heard voices.

I realised, Burt, that you take Onlanzapine, and I am not about to p robe what dose you take, however, i feel, that you should research via the pshychratry world, if there is a something different med you could have, yep, i dounderstand and realised, that you can't have the med I have as you had problems with it.

Best regards. both.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

My PDoc isn't sure if I have paranoid schizophenia or delusional disorder. I've never been violent or get angry so I don't fit this. Maybe undifferentiated like Passionflower.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I would not take these descriptors as Gospel. Some folk can be paranoid and relatively calm.

I

itsmeagain

My PDoc isn't sure if I have paranoid schizophenia or delusional disorder. I've never been violent or get angry so I don't fit this. Maybe undifferentiated like Passionflower.
Hope you and other guides and mods don't mind me saying, but it's great to see that you are examples of people coping with schizophrenia to the extent that you perform a responsible job on the forum. It goes against all the stereotypes.

I

itsmeagain

I was told many years ago that catatonia no longer exists within the realm of schizophrenia as catatonic states died out when modern meds came in. In the 70s apparently you still could see people with heads hovering above pillows permanently, and flexibilitas choreas or waxy flexibility, described the limbs of the person in a permanent stiffened state.

T

toto

I think I have trouble sleeping, not schizophrenia. Even in normal people, hallucinations appear after the third day of insomnia. I hate the term schizophrenia. It is quite possible to be healed, but you have to change your thinking - to love yourself and not believe in Jesus, persecution. It takes about a year or two to get used to a new type of thinking.

ht46

ht46

I thought I was residual but my psychiatrist said my paranoia means I still have delusions so I fall under paranoid schizophrenia.

L

Lab rat

I would have to say residual

O

On Fire

The subtypes were abandoned in the DSM, they only carry on in the ICD.