• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

First week back at work…

L

laural98

Hi all,

just finished my 3rd 12hr shift of my first week back and work and feeling a little deflated. This morning I was so proud of myself for doing so well my first week back and the last two hours of the shift I was very anxious and had to make use of my as and when medication. I’m home now and feeling better. I have night shifts next week so hope I feel better after those. Never mind. I have my works Christmas party tomorrow so will see how I feel and maybe go to that.

hope everyone is well this evening. Hugs x

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Staff member
Admin
Well done, have a great time at the party.

Karmaman

Karmaman

Good to hear you're making it through these first through days back in work...It takes courage!
Hope all goes well at the Christmas party 👌

G

GuyCoping

Hi all,

just finished my 3rd 12hr shift of my first week back and work and feeling a little deflated. This morning I was so proud of myself for doing so well my first week back and the last two hours of the shift I was very anxious and had to make use of my as and when medication. I’m home now and feeling better. I have night shifts next week so hope I feel better after those. Never mind. I have my works Christmas party tomorrow so will see how I feel and maybe go to that.

hope everyone is well this evening. Hugs x
12 hour shifts can be taxing. I would focus on diet and sleep. Those two things are going to be extremely important if you are regularly working 12 hour shifts. Never underestimate those two factors.