• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

First timer

M

mistralcot

Don't really know what to say but im in the confused state of high's and low's and really feel like ive tried one to many times to keep going, at nearly 40 years old and 1st hospiltized in 1994 in to a physc unit for 2 weeks again in 1995 for 9 months, then again in 2000 for 4 months, after that I met agreat woman got married in 2003 and life seemed to be going so well in 2005 had our daughter and my life crashed around me just when life could of been no better.

Up untill this point had only been treated like so many for clinical depression and seen regularly my GP because when things were really good I felt great, untill 2005 where my behaviour became so extreme again I was hospitalized for 2 months and diagnosed bipolar and My wife and family stood by me and at times for me since this time my life is a Rollercoaster even with the meds and regular doctor appoinments I try so hard to hide from my 3.5 year old daughter and stay strong for my wife.

Today ive had enough of trying pretending that its all ok I can live like this because I carn't I hate the feelings the not knowing what will happen how will I feel next, I feel numb.

Sorry for long introduction.
Thanks Mark

Enpi

Enpi

Hello and welcome Mark. There's no need to apologise. We all have more or less the same problem. I'm a bipolar too. You can never know how you'll be feeling ina few hours or even minutes and it gets intolerable sometimes! You're really lucky to have a wife who stands by you though. Take care. :)

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. It's good to have you here and I look forward to seeing you around.

Rollinat

D

Dollit

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. I've had bipolar disorder since I was a teenager and don't know what life is like without it. Just over two years ago I became stable and even with a few biggish blips I still maintain that stability. A combination of a excellent medics, fantastic support, good medication and a fulfilling relationship has helped me get stronger. It's hard work but it's working keeping trying.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Introduce Yourself 4
B Introduce Yourself 5