• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

first time

T

twinkle

This is the first time I will have actually written down that I have PTSD along with severe depression. I was abused by my brother for 3 years when I was 10 and then in a seperate incident I was raped by a man I babysat for. memories of the rape only surfaced a year a go which has led to more memories of the abuse coming out, I suffer from flashbacks, images and nightmares causing severe pain inside to cope with this pain I SH I have an assesment with a psychologist in Sept and id they agree to see me I will have to wait for an appt, so if anybody has any coping skills they can pass on I would be grateful if not it would be good to hear from anybody in similar circumstances, thanks

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Staff Member on Leave
Hi there Twinkle and welcome. Sorry your having a difficult tme of it. Hopefully the psychologist can put things into perspective for you.

I was physically abused as a child by my mother and blocked it completly. I had MH prblems for most of my life. It was only when i had a breakdown when i was 50 that it started to surface. Then i found out my sister had suffered as well. But not my brother. I too am starting psychotherapy all being well in sept. Ive been on the list for 10 months. But over the last few years my psychiatrist and CPA have helped me a lot.

Take whatever help is given to you. Once things have been talked about you can start to recover:hug: