• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

First time signed off and confused

N

Nutter_09

Hi,

Im 23 and have been signed off for a week with depression. I am so confused as to what to do from here. I have had depression on and off for about 4 years but this is the worst I have been.
My family are not being overly supportive but they don't really understand. I spent all day Monday trying to see a doctor after waking up so sad - I feel like I had a total breakdown - I called in sick, then started drinking and smoking while dancing around the house to music. I called the doc as i knew i needed to see someone but was told that they had no appointmens left (Only opened 10 mins ago???) So I walked up there to beg - nothing. they suggested I go to the walk-in who then sent me to A and E to see a psycotherapist (after waiting about 3 hours)- who then said he could do nothing and to go and see my GP! And the ask if I have suicidal thoughts??
No one seems to be able to give me an answer. I dont want to go back to work yet - I was signed off till next tue and then review but i doubt he will give me more time - he is very reluctant and thinks that work is best even thou I have told him how fed up i am of putting my "Happy face" on.

I feel like I have totally lost control and have no one who can tell me what to do in the short term while I wait for councelling and Psycotherapy.

I really need some advice......

D

Dollit

You say you feel "so sad" but were dancing round the house? I'm not quite sure how those two statements fit together, it confuses me that some who is depressed can dance around. I wonder how depressed you are. There are "grades" of depression and it's an condition that can quite easily have you believing that you are worse than you are - this was demonstrated to me by my own evidence last year.

How do you feel that you've totally lost control?

I'm not questioning your experiences, just trying to understand them.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Well I think I know what you mean about dancing round the house with the music on and feeling like you have lost control - I myself have done this - mid meltdown - it is a kind of frenzied thing though when I have done it, that turns in to total rage and agitation. Perhaps maybe something like this - I don't know?

Perhaps it is nothing like that? Try to talk some more.

Go back to your g.p if you feel really bad and explain how you really feel.

KS

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
It could be like Keepsafe describes an agitated depression I've felt this as well. You do need to go back to he GP and tell him/her how you are feeling. Also alchohol really doesn't help.
KP

N

Nutter_09

Thanks for the replies.
It's weird - this is the first time it has happened. I was really down and feeling sad, then i just kind of lost it and felt like I had to do something. I got a drink and called and txt all my friends. I then started dancing around the room.
As it was 8ish in the morning, no one responded and I just went back to being low again.
I told the doc and psyc all this. I am feeling a bit better today. I still just "Cant be bothered" and panic a lot.

112inky

You say you feel "so sad" but were dancing round the house? I'm not quite sure how those two statements fit together, it confuses me that some who is depressed can dance around. I wonder how depressed you are. There are "grades" of depression and it's an condition that can quite easily have you believing that you are worse than you are - this was demonstrated to me by my own evidence last year.

How do you feel that you've totally lost control?

I'm not questioning your experiences, just trying to understand them.
HEy it happens friend!!! i too do it some times... DAncing Around the house makes yu feel lighter for that mean time....:):)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tamziie93 Other 3
Tamziie93 Other 1
Eleison Other 15