• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

first time on own and struggling

M

memyself and b

well my hubby is my carer and hasnt felt my side for a good while, today i am faced with being alone with my three little ones on my own and im not coping very well, head is full of negative thoughts,,,,,fat,ugly,waste of space,spoil everything etc etc probably dosent help that my 3yr old is a bugger and well into her twos and my 6mth old is poorly with a cold so we havnt had much sleep for a few days and i cant put him down but i feel so low plus when we move my hubby has chance of a partime job and i really want him to go for it as it will do him good and i want to prove i can be a normal mum,,,,,,,,,,yeah right not a good start i spoil everything, let everyone down, so unreliable, i hold my hubby back so much,he could do so much with his life as he is very intelligent but i just stop him, we try and then i get poorly its always my fault:(

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I hope you are alright today. I'm sure the kids will love being with you. Hope youe baby's cold gets better.
KP

S

skyblue

well my hubby is my carer and hasnt felt my side for a good while, today i am faced with being alone with my three little ones on my own and im not coping very well, head is full of negative thoughts,,,,,fat,ugly,waste of space,spoil everything etc etc probably dosent help that my 3yr old is a bugger and well into her twos and my 6mth old is poorly with a cold so we havnt had much sleep for a few days and i cant put him down but i feel so low plus when we move my hubby has chance of a partime job and i really want him to go for it as it will do him good and i want to prove i can be a normal mum,,,,,,,,,,yeah right not a good start i spoil everything, let everyone down, so unreliable, i hold my hubby back so much,he could do so much with his life as he is very intelligent but i just stop him, we try and then i get poorly its always my fault:(
It's so difficult looking after young children whilst having this illness, I can totally sympathise you. I'm finding it very difficult to look after myself right now, let alone the children.
My hubby is actually helping out today, which is a miracle, he hasn't helped me for years.
Try not to be so hard on yourself, we suffer enough as it is. Try not to feel guilty, your hubby has chosen not to work to look after you, it was his choice because he loves and cares for you.

Try and keep calm if you can (easier said than done, I understand), but enjoy your time with your children, play around and have fun.

All the best in your move and i'm wishing your little one better soon. xx

Last edited:
M

memyself and b

thanks all,well i survived the day, sooooo tired now but not expecting a good night! god my hubby is such a good person, why dont i believe him when he says that he cares for me cos he wants to,cos he dosnt find it hard,its not an issue,that i dont hold him back etc etc i hate my head sometimes i think what on earth did i do to deserve this?? he has to go away again tomorrow for the morn and i think im ok cos ive got my teen to help, whose a gem but i cant keep relying on people, i want to be able to do it on my own like normal mums, i want to be able to let him go to work part time when we move but it terrifies me that i'll be on my own cos my teengem is off to college?????:scared: