• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

First time on anxiety forum.

M

mad jack mcmadd

HELLO ALL, CAME ACROSS MHF A WEEK AGO; HAVE POSTED ON 'INTRODUCING' AND 'DEPRESSION' FORUMS, NOW ANXIETY AS IT'S ISSUE I HAVE.
I' M A 40 YEAR OLD SCOTTISH MALE AND HAVE HAD DEPRESSION,ANXIETY AND P.T.S.D. FOR 8 YEARS.
HAVE BECOME VERY ISOLATED DUE TO ILLNESS, LOST VIRTUALLY ALL FRIENDS ,VERY LITTLE SOCIAL CONTACT.
MHF LOOKS LIKE GOOD MEDIUM TO COMMUNICATE/GET SUPPORT/ MAKE NEW FRIENDS.
ALREADY MADE 10 NEW FRIENDS OVER LAST COUPLE OF DAYS.
WILL ELUCIDATE HEALTH ISSUES AND START THREADS OVER NEXT FEW DAYS.
WILL ALSO TRY AND HELP OTHERS/GIVE ADVICE/SUPPORT WHENEVER I CAN.
THE ANXIETY FORUMS DON'T SEEM TO BE AS ACTIVE AS DEPRESSION FORUM BUT I'LL POST AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
SAY HELLO IF YOUR OUT THERE......
TAKE CARE
MAD JACK.
ONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

bluenomore

bluenomore

Hey Mad Jack.

Is it Ok if I call you Jack? ("Mad Jack" is a lot for a lazy typist like me to type and If I called you just "Mad" then we'd all turn round and say "...Yes?" :D)

It's great that you've found the forums. This particular forum may be a bit quiet right now but all it takes is someone to start a thread (like you have), and things should liven up.

I too suffer from depression and anxiety (not P.T.S.D in my case), but I'm happy to say that I'm feeling mostly all right at the moment. I don't like to go out too much as this tends to bring on the anxiety.

You say that you've been unwell for 8 years. I assume that you're on medication and seeing a doctor/psychiatrist/CMHT, etc...? You also say that you feel isolated. I can relate to that (although In my case, I think I prefer to be alone).

Tell us all about yourself, how you're feeling, anything you want. Everyone's pretty friendly here. :)

M

mad jack mcmadd

thanks for concern.

blue ,thanks for replies/concern.
sorry for delay; sussing out website and probably a lack of confidence.
have replied to all who have replied to me.
my depression/anxiety/ptsd are definetly better than they were;feel better over last few days-put it down to mhf(now knowing theres people i can communicate with)
moved back in with parents due to illnesses; isolated in sense of friends
turning backs on me.
meds. ;only about 20% of what i was on; have g.p and psych. close by.
now i've replied and know way round website will hopefully be more active;
posting threads /helping others etc.
wish i'd found mhf years ago.
i'll be in touch.....
take care
jack

P

penelope

hi jack

I am relatively new to mhf too. I agree it is a good place to find information and talk to people. It is really strange talking to people about things that have been inside for so long . They actually relate to what you are thinking. How weird is that?

Anxiety is not good and by posting it has helped me too feel calmer. Though on occasions revives the roller coaster but know it is best to return and face the fears. I feel it is a good place to face them.

Hope you are ok

:)

S

scoops

First time on Anxiety Forum

Hi Jack

Well done for contacting MHF,shows that you are heading in the right direction.

I am a firm believer in taking one step at a time in resolving any problem.This is how I have tackled my own anxiety and it seems to be working sucessfully.

There is plenty of help here and elsewhere if you are prepared to work on it.

Stay in touch,be positive and good luck

Remember you are not alone.