• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

First psychiatrist appointment at 10am today

N

noidea

Knew about this first psychiatrist appointment for month or 2 now but the last 3 nights have turned up no sleep at all, my gp was hinting to social anxiety and some depression when we spoke last but I couldnt care about those tbh and just wish I could sleep like normal people. Since 13 sleeping has been a problem and now i'm 27 its wrecked me on the inside, right now being up for 3 days I can barely link words on here without deleting it then getting angry with myself, followed by thinking i seen something move on the edge of my vision and mind losing focus.

I hate the thought of opening up to yet another doctor but tbh I cant hold down a job right now and need sick papers to stop my loan company torturing me and rent payed, my parents have been great to me all my life and done soo much so turning to them for help is just too guilt ridden, my friends I cant talk to about personal things without making myself out as pathetic.

I'm just gonna hit post before i delete again, might be back and thanks for reading :confused:

schiz01

schiz01

Good on you for plucking up the courage to post.
May I suggest writing down a short list of your problems to take with you to the psychiatrist.If you get anxious and confused you can always refer to your list.

Oh :welcome: to the forum
Hope it all goes well

M

memyself and b

good luck and thinking of you:)