• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

first proper relationship...

P

Pffft

So, I haven't been in a "proper" relationship and now I have been dating this guy and I really like him. we are now boyfriend and girlfriend (never thought i would find a man like him tbh) but i really like him and feel myself falling for him. It's just I am not used to these sort of emotions and I am so used to being single and not worrying caring for someone on this level I just find it strange. It's as if i am trying to talk myself out of it by picking faults! is this normal? just don't want to mess up something good...
thanks

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I've not been in a "proper" relationship, so can't really comment from personal experience.
But i'm imagining that yeah, it's perfectly natural to have to adjust to being in a relationship.
Our minds are pretty good at self-sabotage, and so that's probably why it's looking for things to pick fault with. :doh:

I'm sure that as you get closer, you'll relax into things more and the annoying little part that's trying to nitpick and plant seeds of doubt will quieten down.

Oh and congratulations, by the way. I'm really happy that you've met someone who makes you happy. :)

P

Pffft

Thanks SS :) I think you are right about the nit picking.. It's so frustrating! We both make each other happy yet it's as if I am actually searching for a reason to stop it all. Maybe it's because I don't want to get hurt and I feel low about myself, so I find it hard to believe how someone can like me.

We are going on another date tomorrow :D so nervous and excited at the same time!