• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

First post

S

sashasonya

Hi! I was recently diagnosed schizoaffective with bipolar features. I've been in the hospital several times in a relatively short period of time. I've been on a number of meds, and I always have the most trouble with the anti-psychotics. Yesterday, I started Vraylar. It kind of seems to be making me worse. My doc says to wait 2 weeks.... Has anyone else tried this? Thanks.

H

HHRT1

Hi! Welcome to the forum. I have not been on Vraylar, so I cannot comment on that. But I noticed that no one has answered yet, and didn't want you to think no one cares. I hope your reaction to the med. will turn around and start helping. If it keeps getting worse, you might want to let your doc know. God bless!

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and welcome. I haven't heard of this med before. Does it have another name? I agree with HHRT1 that if it makes you worse, go back and make a nuisance of yourself asking for something else. But I also know that meds take a while to work so maybe try it for a few weeks first.

N

Notalwaysever

hows the vraylar now?
I have been on Vraylar 6mg for about 6+months now. I am pretty happy with it. It stopped the voices, and my mood as been pretty stable. My anxiety is out of control though and bubbling over into paranoia. I am talking to my doctor about it Monday. I don’t know if the Vraylar is making the anxiety worse or if it just isn’t helping with it though.

W

Warriorprincess1985

Alot of people have this issue with it. Its activating i guess. I just started today and im so scared. What symptoms has it helped you with? Disorganized thinking?

N

Notalwaysever

I guess it helps a little with the disorganized thinking but mostly with hearing voices, seeing shadows, nightmares, differentiating reality/imagination, and outburst of anger. I am also taking 2mg of Ativan but I think I need something longer lasting because after 6 hours almost to the minute my anxiety is back.

W

Warriorprincess1985

I need help with all thise things. I am also so depressed and have intrusive thoughts that im suicidal... how long till you noticed it helping with those things?

W

Warriorprincess1985

hows your sleep? Also were you a mess b4 taking? I cant function properly

N

Notalwaysever

Yeah I was barely able to keep a job before the Vraylar. It took a while for it to start working though and I still get a lot of tummy trouble from it. Before the Vraylar Ativan combo I was taking 7 different medications for my bipolar type schizoaffective and I was bad. I would get physically violent, I was hallucinating, it was just bad. Because they took me off all those meds I was really physically ill for the first few months of Vraylar, had to take Zofran with it to even be able to eat but of course didn’t lose any weight lol. My sleep improved a lot since I don’t get the sleep paralysis or crazy nightmares I couldn’t tell if were real or not. That being said I wake up every single night 6 hours after taking my Ativan and have trouble getting back to sleep.

W

Warriorprincess1985

Did you have delusional thinking? How about memory issues? Does vraylar help you think clear?