• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

First job, and I already don't like it

dajanaDacky97

dajanaDacky97

Heeeyy guys,I'm new here. I have been working in a market for 2 weeks. But as the time goes by,i don't like it. My female boss told me that I'm too slow. I made a big mistake to even apply for that kind of job. I thought it'd be great,but I'm not that social person. Now Idk what to do, my parents will be mad if I quit it.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying your job. You will be slow at first as it is a new job. Maybe you need to give yourself time to adjust. It takes time to get used to a new job. Be patient with yourself.

dajanaDacky97

dajanaDacky97

I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying your job. You will be slow at first as it is a new job. Maybe you need to give yourself time to adjust. It takes time to get used to a new job. Be patient with yourself.
Hey ty so much for your reply!! I hope it will be good. xxxx

L

LokiPokey75

Hi dajanaDacky97!

That's a tough situation to be in. I agree with bpd2020. It's probably good to give it some time. Focusing on the positives about the job are going to help you stay motivated. You may not be a social person, but what aspects of the job do appeal to you? How can you improve the parts that don't?

Learn to be okay with the aspects of the job that disappoint you and remove them from the job itself. They're only ruining the experience. If you really can't stand the job, then it's best to get out. Just make sure you've identified what you don't like and tried to get adjusted before you quit. Otherwise, you're giving up too soon without making the changes you could to make the job more enjoyable.

M

ManDss

Try to dont quit ! And try to improve in the job. Try to dont stress too much. Try to take it calm. Just do the job as you can, but dont quit it. Jobs are not to enjoy, are just to earn money, nothing else.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

I also agree with bpd ! Its your first job it takes time to get used to and get in the groove. Dont give up. If nothing else you get experience and a good job reference if you decide to quit and try something else. So give it a little time.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Heeeyy guys,I'm new here. I have been working in a market for 2 weeks. But as the time goes by,i don't like it. My female boss told me that I'm too slow. I made a big mistake to even apply for that kind of job. I thought it'd be great,but I'm not that social person. Now Idk what to do, my parents will be mad if I quit it.
If you want to learn your job be patient, you will get there. Id say dont get stuck in something you dont like though. It will grind you down eventually. Being happy in your day to day life is important

G

goodgollymiss

thanks for the hug mayflower

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Anxiety Forum 3
C Anxiety Forum 7
G Anxiety Forum 3
Kerly13 Anxiety Forum 101
M Anxiety Forum 3