• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

First Ever Forum-New Member

• Thread starter drowninginshameandguilt
  • Start date
D

drowninginshameandguilt

Hello my name is Lauren. I've been struggling a lot with my depression and suicidal thoughts.

P

Princess Zelda

Hello and welcome to the forum :welcome:

I'm sorry you're going through all of this. This place is full of nice people who support each other. If you ever need to talk, we're here to listen and offer advice.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Welcome to the forums Lauren.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment.

Can I ask what your depression in centered around and if you're taking any medication for it?

But just remember that suicidal thoughts are just that, thoughts you don't have to act upon. You'd be amazed at how many people here are having them right now and with a little support I'm sure you can get through this.

N

natalie

Hi Lauren, I've just logged on for the during the evening, welcome aboard.

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through your struggles, I am often although i can't help with problems of this nature, and it's always best to seek medical advice where possible, I am here to listen and offer you any tip tricks I call t hem, to help with your depression.

Anyway, welcome aboard, and as Midnight points out, and I'll vouch, you have made that first inital important step by reaching out to us, here at MHF. We will do our best to support, and guide you along, as you travel through your struggles and some day, maybe not now, however in the near future you'll get b righter and better. All being well.

Once again, welcome aboard.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum
Are you receiving any support or treatment?

D

drowninginshameandguilt

My depression is centered around my past. I hid my bullying from high school for 4 years a secret. My mental health struggles a secret. Self degrading and self harming last year a secret. I buried it all, every negative emotion and treatment from others and self inflicted for the past 8 years and bottled it up inside. I never told my family or friends. I only told my family all this, just recently, February of this year. I'm on setraline but its not working. I've gotten therapy for the past 3 months.

P

Princess Zelda

My depression is centered around my past. I hid my bullying from high school for 4 years a secret. My mental health struggles a secret. Self degrading and self harming last year a secret. I buried it all, every negative emotion and treatment from others and self inflicted for the past 8 years and bottled it up inside. I never told my family or friends. I only told my family all this, just recently, February of this year. I'm on setraline but its not working. I've gotten therapy for the past 3 months.
First, I'm glad you're getting help right now. I hope the therapy works out. When I started therapy, it was hard for me to open up. But after I finally just became honest with how I was feeling, it was great to have a therapist to listen to me and give me great advice. I know how stressful medications can be because it's hard to find the right one. I've been on many different medicine for years, and finally now I found some that seems to be working but I still have problems with sleep. The journey isn't easy at all, but it's possible for things to get better.

My advice would be to probably focus on hobbies that help you feel better. Even just watching a movie you like. It helps distracts you from any negative thoughts. Good luck with everything!

D

drowninginshameandguilt

Welcome to the forums Lauren.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment.

Can I ask what your depression in centered around and if you're taking any medication for it?

But just remember that suicidal thoughts are just that, thoughts you don't have to act upon. You'd be amazed at how many people here are having them right now and with a little support I'm sure you can get through this.
I've attempted suicide 3 times.

D

drowninginshameandguilt

First, I'm glad you're getting help right now. I hope the therapy works out. When I started therapy, it was hard for me to open up. But after I finally just became honest with how I was feeling, it was great to have a therapist to listen to me and give me great advice. I know how stressful medications can be because it's hard to find the right one. I've been on many different medicine for years, and finally now I found some that seems to be working but I still have problems with sleep. The journey isn't easy at all, but it's possible for things to get better.

My advice would be to probably focus on hobbies that help you feel better. Even just watching a movie you like. It helps distracts you from any negative thoughts. Good luck with everything!
Thank you