• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

First days back on meds...

Star-28

Star-28

Well I don't know which med is making me a zombie, but Im guessing it is the anti-psychotic (Invega). My doc said it would not make me that way, but I slept for 14 hours last night and the day before. Also falling asleep at work..

Needless to say, I didn't take my meds this morning.. I was instructed to take them in the morning, but I'm gonna take them at night and see if I can stay awake during the day. I was going to take the Prestiq (anti-depressant) this morning to see if it made me sleepy but I forgot.

I was actually feeling more depressed yesterday and today. I'm guessing it is because I'm switching meds. I just wonder why she didn't bump up my Prozac instead of switching, but my two new meds are time released. I guess my symptoms were so bad, she wanted to load me up on all this stuff.

I don't mind being on meds as long as they work and don't have bad side effects. Of course I won't be able to tell for a few weeks if this combonation works or not. I had some crazy dreams though ha ha!!

I'll keep u guys posted on how these meds work for me.. :drool:

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi star i know how you feel zombie like feeling is not nice i had med review and am starting abilify its not very sedating if that doesnt work i'm going to try amisulphide. go back to the doctor and tell her your concerns?? i was very impressed with my phyciatrist she was really nice and didnt treat me like an idiot it really helps maybe that med just isnt for you take care! diddy:D

Star-28

Star-28

took my meds at night last night instead of yesterday morning. much better!! i will do that from now on.. at least if im groggy I will be asleep so it doesnt matter..

Now just waiting for the positive symptoms to clear...

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
are you feeling more chilled? diddy:clap:

Star-28

Star-28

it definitely works better taking my meds at night. I just drink my coffe in the mornings to keep me awake

A

Affective

it definitely works better taking my meds at night. I just drink my coffe in the mornings to keep me awake
I remember I once took Zyprexa in the morning, no joke, I must have slept 24 hours. So good idea Star!