• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

First attack in awhile

R

Reecandoit

My anxiety has been high but haven’t had full blown panic attacks in about 5 months, but last night I had 3 different times when it tried to come and I lost my battle on the third ugh. I was asleep and I jumped up out of my sleep freaking out heart racing and I couldn’t calm down. My husband said I was knocked out sleeping peacefully, he was still awake on his iPad. Everything I learned to control/manage was out the window. Husband got me talking I don’t even remember about what and I calmed down and slept fine the remainder of the night. Ugh I hate panic attacks.

B

Berg

They are absolutely vile. Mine are coming at the exact same time every night as the anxiety just builds up all day so I’m now in a constant loop of anxiety because I know it’s coming, followed by being absolutely drained the following next day.

it really frustrates me when people say “it’s mind over matter” it absolutely isn’t as easy as that.

Hope you feel better today x

R

Reecandoit

That’s the worse when you know it’s coming so you worry all day about it. I understand completely. one of the best advice I got was to just let it come and don’t fit it, it loses its power. Now when I’m having an attack I don’t remember to do this but the one time I remembered it did work.

And I agree it is NOT as easy as mind over matter. My therapist asked me to bring my husband to a session and it really opened up his eyes and he felt bad that he would get frustrated with me over my anxiety. He is much more understanding now and will help me through rather then get loud and tell me to calm down.